NHL Sock Series

StevenGrant94

16 minutes ago, StevenGrant94 said:

Edmonton Oilers

spacer.png

The Oilers were a challenging team for this series, since all the socks they've worn have perfectly matched their jerseys. My solution was to pair their orange socks with a blue jersey (a-la the Bruins yellow socks). I also recoloured their primary logo.

Florida is up next!

oooooooh I like this

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Florida Panthers

spacer.png

For the Panthers I went with their navy blue Reebok Edge era socks, along with their palm-tree logo as the front crest.

As a reminder here's how this series works, each concept reuses a sock design the team has worn at some point in their history. My challenge is to make something new that still matches those socks.

Spoiler alert for tomorrow's Kings concept, it uses a sash stripe!

• Like 4

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I’d swap the crown and the LA monogram on the front. Or maybe even use the Chevy logo or some kinda shield there. It would fill the space better than the monogram would. 

Can’t wait for the Wild!!

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I’d swap the crown and the LA monogram on the front. Or maybe even use the Chevy logo or some kinda shield there. It would fill the space better than the monogram would. 

Can’t wait for the Wild!!

Here's how it looks with the crown and the monogram swapped...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

On 5/7/2023 at 12:40 PM, StevenGrant94 said:

Minnesota Wild

spacer.png

This Wild concept brings back their unique number font, and pairs it with their original wordmark. The striping pattern comes from their inaugural green socks.

Montreal is up next!

I want to see the white version of these because the Wild's old white socks were mismatched, too.

wild.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 2:23 AM, StevenGrant94 said:

Here's how it looks with the crown and the monogram swapped...

spacer.png

This feels like it would be perfect for a Winter Classic. Just has a super classic and maybe a little vintage feel. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

59 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

This feels like it would be perfect for a Winter Classic. Just has a super classic and maybe a little vintage feel. 

Thanks! Although it would work better for a Winter Classic if I used their vintage crown logo and a different number font (I'll try and make a version with those changes).

Nashville Predators

spacer.png

Here I used the Predators original navy socks and number font, and their alternate skull logo from that era. The arm stripes are curved to match their current jerseys.

The Devils are the next team up, and they were a bit of a challenge!

• Like 3

New Jersey Devils

spacer.png

The Devils were another challenging team for this series since all their socks have matched their jerseys. I ended up using their original red socks, but I put the stripes on the shoulders of the jersey. I also used the NJ from their unused prototype logo.

Tomorrow a lighthouse takes center stage!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

New York Islanders

spacer.png

I chose to use the Islanders white fisherman socks for this concept, but I ditched all the wacky stuff from the jersey. I also placed the lighthouse logo on the front of the jersey.

The other New York team is up next!

• Like 6

New York Rangers

spacer.png

For the Rangers I chose the stripes from the socks they wore during their short lived redesign in the 70's. I also used a vintage version of their shield logo (slightly altered) as the main crest.

Tomorrow's Senators concept also features a shield as the primary logo!

• Like 3
  • Love 1