NHL Sock Series

StevenGrant94

I'm back with an all new concept series! Here's how it works, each concept in this series will reuse a sock design the team has worn at some point in their history. My challenge is to make something new that still matches the chosen sock design.

Anaheim Ducks

spacer.png

For the Ducks I went with their late 90's white third jersey socks, which didn't feature their eggplant colour at all. I also used the number font from that third jersey.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Arizona Coyotes

spacer.png

This concept uses the Coyotes dark Kachina socks, but ditches the Kachina pattern on the jersey for a more traditional design.

The Bruins are up next with a yellow jersey to match their traditional yellow socks!

• Like 4

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Boston Bruins

spacer.png

The Bruins used the same sock design from the 30's through the 60's (which they paired with several different jerseys), so it was an easy choice to bring it back for this concept.

Tomorrow's concept is a Sabres jersey featuring a chest stripe!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Buffalo Sabres

spacer.png

I decided to go with a chest stripe for this Sabres concept, using the pattern from the home socks they wore in the 80's and early 90's.

Check back tomorrow to see a Flames concept that doesn't use any white!

• Like 7

Calgary Flames

spacer.png

I loved the darker shade of red the Flames used for their 2011 Heritage Classic jersey, so I used those socks as the basis for this concept.

The Hurricanes are up next using a design with side panels!

• Like 3

Carolina Hurricanes

spacer.png

I brought back the Hurricanes original socks and number font, and used their original flag logo as the front crest, but I went with side panels and a sleeve length yoke for the striping pattern.

Come back tomorrow to see a Blackhawks concept using a sock design from the 1940's!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Chicago Blackhawks

spacer.png

This faux-back Blackhawks concept uses the socks they wore in the late 1940's. I also brought back the pant design from their 2009 Winter Classic uniform.

The Avalanche are up next with a steel blue jersey!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Columbus Blue Jackets

spacer.png

I've never been a big fan of Columbus' cannon logo, but their fans seem to love it so I used it here (without the outlines though). The Blue Jackets wore this style of socks until 2017.

Check back tomorrow to see what I have in store for the Stars!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Dallas Stars

spacer.png

The socks paired with the Stars' green star jersey didn't use any black, which made them a good choice to use for this series. I also chose to use their original Texas-state-outline logo as the primary.

Tomorrow's concept uses socks worn by the old Detroit Cougars!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Detroit Red Wings

spacer.png

Detroit's home and road socks have been the same since they became the Red Wings in the 1930's, so I went back further and chose the design they used back when they were called the Cougars.

Check back soon to see what I did with the Oilers orange socks!

• Like 5

Edmonton Oilers

spacer.png

The Oilers were a challenging team for this series, since all the socks they've worn have perfectly matched their jerseys. My solution was to pair their orange socks with a blue jersey (a-la the Bruins yellow socks). I also recoloured their primary logo.

Florida is up next!

• Like 2