MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

What if... the White Sox relocated to Seattle?

This would have been part of a deal in the 70's where the A's would move to Chicago, & the Sox would move out west. I combined the Sox' general aesthetic with the Mariners' now classic navy & teal. Technically, the White Sox were supposed to rebrand upon moving to Seattle & the A's would've "become" the White Sox, but to me that was unnecessarily complicated so I just kept the names with the teams as they moved.

J7CulW5.png

h12yYBM.png

6RMUmKN.png

9rsKr9B.png

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Seattle White Sox]

What if... the Athletics relocated to Seattle?

Another Seattle team, this time the A's, as owner Charles Finley liked the area. I brightened up the yellow to synchronize with Seattle's former (and hopefully future) basketball team.

dl9FEBK.png

iQxtKrx.png

UguhLUi.png

qQPr8dX.png

• Like 7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Seattle Athletics]
On 2023-06-12 at 7:58 PM, MJD7 said:

I combined the Sox' general aesthetic with the Mariners' now classic navy & teal.

That (pretty nice colour) teal is a lot lighter than the one the Seattle uses, and equal parts green and blue on the RGB scale, The Northwest Green that the Mariners use is more green and while I like the bright teal, I do prefer the darker one for the Mariners as for me it gives more of a deep sea feeling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That (pretty nice colour) teal is a lot lighter than the one the Seattle uses, and equal parts green and blue on the RGB scale, The Northwest Green that the Mariners use is more green and while I like the bright teal, I do prefer the darker one for the Mariners as for me it gives more of a deep sea feeling.

It's definitely a lot lighter than Seattle's digital shade of Northwest Green, but that was done intentionally as I feel it matches the shade of their beautiful teal jersey better, which I much prefer. As you can see in that graphic, as well, they've been using a brighter shade of teal on their social media too, which is where I drew the shade from.

• Like 1

What if... the Athletics relocated to Louisville?

Charles Finley signed an agreement on a two-year lease in Kentucky, but AL owners rejected it on fears of only being temporary before another move to Oakland. Louisville red combines with A's forest green to make a unique look. Huge credit obviously goes to @SFGiants58 for the original creation on this one.

BTznxLS.png

usKaeNf.png

uQv6txe.png

• Like 4
  • Love 4

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Louisville Athletics]
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Chicago Athletics]
2 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Amazing job so far! I'd love to see your take on if the Giants had moved to Minneapolis instead of SF and if they'd change their name to the Millers or not  

Thanks! You might very well see that at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. I honestly hadn’t considered a “Millers” version, but I’ll see what I can do. 

What if... the Giants remained in New York?

The Giants left for San Francisco in 1958, but what if they never did? I kept the gothic style of the font from that era, befitting of New York, & added the Giants script & a new striping pattern for more of a Mets-like flair.

8ySKqDN.png

t6t4FFH.png

JNqWjnt.png

ty3isDq.png

• Like 13

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New York Giants]

What if... the Athletics relocated to San Diego?

Yet another move that A's owner Charlie O. looked into, forest green is replaced by navy to lean into an aesthetic inspired by the (now departed) Chargers.

kd68ZR2.png

eLafJYJ.png

6nITuol.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [San Diego Athletics]

What if... the White Sox relocated to Milwaukee?

The Sox played 10 regular season games in Milwaukee in 1968, seen as a move by Bud Selig to try to lure the team to move there. Red & gold accents are added to the Sox' look to capture the Germanic culture in the city.

(As with many teams in this series, credit to @SFGiants58 for the original inspiration.) Also, here it is, @NicDB!

v7yJU8c.png

LQQBE9a.png

vY4ElRR.png

• Like 12

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee White Sox]

What if... the Athletics remained in Kansas City?

The A's left KC for Oakland in 1968, but what if they stayed? The classic green & gold actually originated in KC, but royal blue paired with gold syncs better with the team KC actually got, the Royals.

DpZClid.png

htCJQHV.png

rEMfTWW.png

9JwsvG5.png

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Kansas City Athletics]
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Los Angeles Browns]

What if... the Senators relocated to San Francisco (and changed their name)?

Once the Dodgers began winning the LA battle, the Senators pivoted to San Francisco, but the Giants won out because they were in the NL. The PCL's San Francisco Seals combine with Senators/Nationals logo styles.

Once again, credit goes to @SFGiants58 for the original inspiration and logos (which could really be a overarching statement for a lot of teams in this series).

AdGdgKy.png

ZTog3jZ.png

9E8wQEy.png

fcFKt4J.png

• Like 14

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [San Francisco Seals (Senators)]

What if... the Braves remained in Milwaukee?

The Braves left for Atlanta in 1966, but what if they never did? Like the Milwaukee White Sox, I went with a Germanic black, red, & gold scheme by elevating gold's presence in the set. 

WzDM6iO.png

oqRA5RN.png

Nz1MbEV.png

ox6Gcow.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee Braves]

What if... the Giants relocated to Minneapolis (and changed their name)?

They nearly did move in the 50's, to the city of their top farm team, the Minneapolis Millers. However, the Dodgers lured them out west. The Giants' aesthetic combines with a few Twins elements.

trknWEV.png

9pZx3t4.png

TUijvTb.png

X5PfKIh.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Minneapolis Millers (Giants)]

I know the MPLS Millers existed (as did the cross-metro rival St. Paul Saints) but I wonder had the Giants moved to Minneapolis* if they'd have taken the Minnesota name. My guess is yes.

*The ballpark in the suburbs had been built to attract MLB.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I know the MPLS Millers existed (as did the cross-metro rival St. Paul Saints) but I wonder had the Giants moved to Minneapolis* if they'd have taken the Minnesota name. My guess is yes.

*The ballpark in the suburbs had been built to attract MLB.

I actually completely agree, I imagine they probably would have taken the state name (and even kept the "Giants" moniker). This was actually my 2nd iteration of the Giants moving to Minnesota, as requested by @GhostOfNormMacdonald, it just turns out that the order-randomizer selected it first. You'll see the original version hopefully sometime soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1