MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

7 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

You could also meld the color schemes and do purple and gold.

I tried that, but something about it just didn't feel right:

baGT9S3.png

I also really wanted to find a way to get lavender to work, but it didn't fit well with the road gray.

tRdDnDN.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I wondered about that as well, since Pittsburgh isn't necessarily close to the coast itself I don't think it'd be too big of an issue. If they did change the name, though, I think it'd result in a pretty good version of the Rockies:

1AksZ61.png

NBFt3WD.png

I added pinstripes because, although it's easy to forget, road pins are something the Pirates actually shared with the Rockies during the 90's. I might honestly like this version better than the original.

Yeah, but there was precedence for them being called the Pirates, when a player from the A's joined the Pittsburgh Alleghenys people began calling the team "Pirates" and it stuck. I think the modified Rockies version is the better way to go. Either way great looks 

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

What if... the Athletics relocated to Atlanta?

Charlie O. wanted to move the A's to Atlanta in 1964, but was rejected by AL owners due to fears about travel costs. Inspired by the Hawks, green is replaced by red for a more "Atlanta" color scheme.

8lGKQf7.png

DMbARb5.png

qbmiyL5.png

YftcLAI.png

• Like 10

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Atlanta Athletics]
1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Eh Purple and Gold can work. Lakers are exhibit A

Don’t get me wrong, purple & gold is one of my favorite color schemes, the Minnesota Vikings are my NFL team, after all. I just meant that it doesn’t feel right for the Pirates or Colorado.

59 minutes ago, thesieve22 said:

Atlanta looks great, reminds me of the old Atlanta Flames of the NHL

Thanks!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Charlie O. wanted to move the A's to Atlanta in 1964, but was rejected by AL owners due to fears about travel costs. Inspired by the Hawks, green is replaced by red for a more "Atlanta" color scheme.

8lGKQf7.png

DMbARb5.png

qbmiyL5.png

YftcLAI.png

I think the A's would have kept green and gold as their colours upon moving to A-Town, they might even have changed the gold to metallic for 1996.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I think the A's would have kept green and gold as their colours upon moving to A-Town, they might even have changed the gold to metallic for 1996.

Probably, but this is another case where I wanted to take a bit more creative liberty, as green & gold doesn’t fit for Atlanta in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

8lGKQf7.png

DMbARb5.png

qbmiyL5.png

YftcLAI.png

Looks great and what's crazy is that in 1964 this would've predated the hawks and the flames by a few years

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

What if... Cleveland's baseball team relocated to New Orleans?

In 1971, a report surfaced that the team agreed to play 30 games a season in NOLA for 20 years (!), starting in 1974. I figured if the team ever moved there full-time, they'd snag the "Pelicans" name before the NBA.

VVoEasx.png

pp9WyOf.png

XtumEdA.png

nMgIB42.png

• Like 14
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New Orleans Pelicans (Cleveland)]

Just wanted to say excellent work on this series...as a Cleveland baseball fan it is a bit sad to be reminded of their potential move to New Orleans in the 1970s, but fine work on that concept.

I also am familiar with a story that the team could have moved to Seattle in the mid-1960s...is that concept under your consideration?

• Like 2

The Pelicans look great, though I am wondering if the team would have changed the blue to violet upon the move to NOLA.

17 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Probably, but this is another case where I wanted to take a bit more creative liberty, as green & gold doesn’t fit for Atlanta in my opinion.

I don't like it as much as red plus another colour for ATL, but green does fit a city with the nickname "A City in a Forest", and Atlanta United did have a green change kit that worked pretty well.

• Like 1

Love the Pelicans!  Have grown up hearing my grandpa tell about how he once hit a double in the old Pelican Stadium in the city championship game.  One minor nitpick, I feel like the N on the road wordmark needs a flourish to balance it with the P on the home wordmark.  Beside that, I think everything else looks amazing!  Loving just about everything about this series so far!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Pelicans look great, though I am wondering if the team would have changed the blue to violet upon the move to NOLA.

Maybe, but keeping the navy & red provided a good opportunity to add gold, like the NBA's Pelicans, in an attempt to rectivy the Twins' try at gold as a tertiary color.

3 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Love the Pelicans!  Have grown up hearing my grandpa tell about how he once hit a double in the old Pelican Stadium in the city championship game.  One minor nitpick, I feel like the N on the road wordmark needs a flourish to balance it with the P on the home wordmark.  Beside that, I think everything else looks amazing!  Loving just about everything about this series so far!!

Thank you! For the away wordmark, it'd be tough to add any more "flourish," since making the capital letters any bigger would necessitate shrinking an already long wordmark. I'll see what I can do though!

6 hours ago, Dozap17 said:

Just wanted to say excellent work on this series...as a Cleveland baseball fan it is a bit sad to be reminded of their potential move to New Orleans in the 1970s, but fine work on that concept.

I also am familiar with a story that the team could have moved to Seattle in the mid-1960s...is that concept under your consideration?

Thanks! I understand that, I felt the same doing the "Carolina Twins." I'm glad it didn't happen.

I can confirm that you will see that concept eventually!

• Like 1

What if... the Pirates relocated to Washington (and changed their name)?

They considered it twice in the 80's and 90's. This was the perfect opportunity to honor the Homestead Grays, a Negro League team that played home games in both Pittsburgh and Washington in their history.

a9eLivC.png

zkDvP9K.png

uvmzc7u.png

• Like 14

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Washington Grays (Pirates)]
10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Pirates relocated to Washington (and changed their name)?

They considered it twice in the 80's and 90's. This was the perfect opportunity to honor the Homestead Grays, a Negro League team that played home games in both Pittsburgh and Washington in their history.

a9eLivC.png

zkDvP9K.png

uvmzc7u.png

The logo you designed for the Washington Grays, reminds me of the Washington Football Team logo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

gT1BtSs.png