MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

On 7/27/2023 at 2:00 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Maybe try out “Capital City” for the Senators?

Eh, I think that would cross the line into too much of "City Connect" for me. If I want to have this jersey at all I'd want it to have something to do with "District of Columbia" or just "DC."

What if... the Reds relocated to New York?

Stadium parking issues in the 50's caused their owner to consider moving, & NY was eager for NL baseball to return, but Cincy struck a deal to keep the team. This would've been interesting, setting them up as sort of the anti-Yankees.

3MAsjKL.png

0UXvXcI.png

EgEzqZV.png

o9zW8K9.png

• Like 11

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New York Reds]
13 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I like the N.Y. Reds.  Only thing is, as an "original 8" team with a preestablished history, I don't know if they would use the Giants logo a la the Mets.  Otherwise looks good!

Thanks. Personally, I don't see too much of an issue with it, as since the Giants would move to San Francisco around the same time, there'd be no use for that NY logo otherwise. I'll see if I can work up something different though.

3 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Whole set is great, but this thing....WOW.

Thanks! Yeah, even though it's just a name swap of my regular Reds design, the road gray is my favorite jersey of that set, too.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Arizona Athletics]
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Houston Cardinals]
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Virginia Fury (Expos)]
On 7/31/2023 at 10:49 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Finally, some Expos content

spacer.png

In all seriousness, great work once again. Only suggestion I have on Virginia is making the V thicker

Thanks! The only thing about thickening the "V" would be that the curl at the end of it would start to run into the letterform itself. That would also make it thicker than the rest of the "Virginia" wordmark.

What if... the Athletics relocated to Dallas?

Charlie O. tried to move the team in 1962, but it was rejected by other AL owners. I went with a kelly green & royal blue color scheme, modeled after the city's NBA team's former colors.

ZL0T8OZ.png

gGGR6iJ.png

Iuqrb0q.png

XPSiYOQ.png

• Like 9

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Dallas Athletics]

San Diego Reds - I really like the choice to go with red and gold, as it feels more California/San Diego than red and black would. (They're also McDonald's colors, which would be appropriate for the Friars 😉 ). The current "Reds" script feels out of place with the rest of the identity, though. Could we see an arched "REDS" wordmark in the style of the Padres' wordmarks and numbers?

New York Reds - As @Yee Yee Go 'Stros! pointed out, I'm not sure the Mets' "NY" monogram really works with the other design elements. My suggestion would be to tweak the serifs of the  "NY" to match those of the Reds' current numbers and wordmarks. Here's a super rough mockup of how that could look:

New-York-Reds-NY.png

Everything else looks great, though. The road jersey is particularly sharp.

Houston Cardinals - I'm curious how the road jersey would look in the dusty cream color (or a slightly tweaked version of that shade) the Astros used to wear, which could serve as a nod to both those uniforms and the color of female cardinals

Dallas A's - Love the Kelly green and blue, which helps set this design apart from @SFGiants58's Dallas set. The Rangers elements also mesh really nicely with the Athletics identity. I'm not sold on the double outlines on the alts, however. Even though there isn't a ton of contrast between the green and blue, I think single outlines would look cleaner. 

Looking forward to the final couple teams!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

San Diego Reds - I really like the choice to go with red and gold, as it feels more California/San Diego than red and black would. (They're also McDonald's colors, which would be appropriate for the Friars 😉 ). The current "Reds" script feels out of place with the rest of the identity, though. Could we see an arched "REDS" wordmark in the style of the Padres' wordmarks and numbers?

Thanks! I honestly didn't even think of the McDonald's connection. I thought about doing the "REDS" wordmark in the Padres' font, but I figured it'd be too short of a word. It probably is, but it still looks pretty decent:

XqfqvE1.png

New York Reds - As @Yee Yee Go 'Stros! pointed out, I'm not sure the Mets' "NY" monogram really works with the other design elements. My suggestion would be to tweak the serifs of the  "NY" to match those of the Reds' current numbers and wordmarks. Here's a super rough mockup of how that could look:

Everything else looks great, though. The road jersey is particularly sharp.

I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference, but it still looks pretty good:

sVTPiuF.png

m6AMz35.png

Houston Cardinals - I'm curious how the road jersey would look in the dusty cream color (or a slightly tweaked version of that shade) the Astros used to wear, which could serve as a nod to both those uniforms and the color of female cardinals

That's a good idea for the Cards! The exact Astros' shade gets pretty close to their cream, which I don't particularly mind:

NhZThmi.png

A dustier shade might work too:

1hMgfTc.png

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Dallas A's - Love the Kelly green and blue, which helps set this design apart from @SFGiants58's Dallas set. The Rangers elements also mesh really nicely with the Athletics identity. I'm not sold on the double outlines on the alts, however. Even though there isn't a ton of contrast between the green and blue, I think single outlines would look cleaner. 

I created this after the Denver A's, because I figured that I'd get similar feedback. I think the double-outlines work better for Dallas than they do for Denver, but here's a look:

PdtsTij.png

5nhIZ38.png

Thanks as always for the feedback!

• Like 5

On 8/1/2023 at 7:43 PM, MJD7 said:

Thanks! I honestly didn't even think of the McDonald's connection. I thought about doing the "REDS" wordmark in the Padres' font, but I figured it'd be too short of a word. It probably is, but it still looks pretty decent:

XqfqvE1.png

You're probably correct that "REDS" is too short of a name, but I kind of like how it looks in big, bold letters like this. 

I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference, but it still looks pretty good:

sVTPiuF.png

m6AMz35.png

I actually think this is a huge improvement! Yes, it's subtle (like shifting from black to navy for your TB Pirates concept) but it really ties the whole design together, especially when seen alongside the TV numbers. Great job! 

That's a good idea for the Cards! The exact Astros' shade gets pretty close to their cream, which I don't particularly mind:

NhZThmi.png

A dustier shade might work too:

1hMgfTc.png

These both look good, but the dustier shade probably works better, as it's closer to the color of actual female cardinals, and, as you said, would be different enough from the cream color of the throwback uniform. 

I created this after the Denver A's, because I figured that I'd get similar feedback. I think the double-outlines work better for Dallas than they do for Denver, but here's a look:

PdtsTij.png

5nhIZ38.png

The single outlines for the alternates definitely look cleaner, IMO. 

As always, thanks for trying out my suggestions! 

• Like 2

What if... the Cardinals relocated to Milwaukee?

When Cards' owner Fred Saigh had to sell the team due to tax evation, he also looked at Fred Miller and Milwaukee. Navy takes a heavier presence in this version of the Cardinals' set.

qwvLEUP.png

xVBCzGk.png

KHWdrBu.png

sUXQXh1.png

• Like 5

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee Cardinals]

How much more intense is the Cubs-Cardinals rivalry in an alternate timeline where they play just up the Lakeshore?

On 7/28/2023 at 10:53 PM, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I like the N.Y. Reds.  Only thing is, as an "original 8" team with a preestablished history, I don't know if they would use the Giants logo a la the Mets.  Otherwise looks good!

I mean, the Braves are an Original 8 club and they lifted the block M from the minor league Milwaukee Brewers.