MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe something like this? I know the thicker striping is pretty unconventional especially for a jersey with placket piping, but I think that's part of the appeal.

08HA9ZP.png

I didn't know about the St. Paul Saints! I might have to look into that some more.

Well the sleeves look good! But the solid white down the center of the chest is was was the most jarring to me, the same as in the first concept haha. 

And yeah!! As a St. Paulite myself, I’ve always liked the Saints a little more than the Twins, (which might be scandalous to say haha) so it’s always fascinated me to ponder about what it would have looked like if they had become the first major team in the Twin Cities instead of the Twins in the 60’s. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Some of them can, some of them cannot, I know for certain that the original Baltimore Orioles are now the Yankees and the original Brewers in the AL are now the Baltimore Orioles. The original St. Louis Browns became the Cardinals and moved to the National League from the minor league American Association in 1892. The Boston Braves of the NL got their start as the Red Stockings; technically making them the original Boston Red Sox. And during the early years of MLB, the Boston Braves and Brooklyn Dodgers were known to shuffle through a bunch of different team names as well. Cleveland Guardians had a couple of different early name changes, the Yankees were once the Highlanders during the first couple of years in NYC.

Since this series focuses on near-relocations or lack thereof, I think simple name-changes would be veering a bit too much from the original concept, although the original Baltimore Orioles becoming the Yankees might have a bit of promise.

• Like 1

What if... the Browns relocated to Milwaukee?

Once the Busch family bought the Cardinals, Browns owner Bill Veeck knew he couldn't keep his team in St. Louis, so he tried to move to Milwaukee in 1954, but it was blocked by AL owners. Brown is paired with gold for this version.

RTzzRcx.png

bEXUiGS.png

17CVeCe.png

707lGdY.png

• Like 11

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee Browns]
3 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Since this series focuses on near-relocations or lack thereof, I think simple name-changes would be veering a bit too much from the original concept, although the original Baltimore Orioles becoming the Yankees might have a bit of promise.

Yeah you could probably do

• Baltimore Orioles (I) who became the Yankees
  • Milwaukee Brewers (I) who became the Browns/Orioles
  • Kansas City Cowboys/Blues who became the Washington Senators (I)
  • Sioux City Cornhuskers who became the St. Paul Saints and then the Chicago White Sox
  • Grand Rapids Rippers who became the Cleveland Guardians/Indians

gT1BtSs.png

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Once the Busch family bought the Cardinals, Browns owner Bill Veeck knew he couldn't keep his team in St. Louis, so he tried to move to Milwaukee in 1954, but it was blocked by AL owners. Brown is paired with gold for this version.

RTzzRcx.png

bEXUiGS.png

17CVeCe.png

707lGdY.png

I don't know my baseball history as well, but were the Padres a team by the time of supossed move? If so would that have forced the browns to choose a different colorscheme/identity or if the Padres came later what would they have looked like (hypothetically of course)

ZUH86xc.png

32 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

I don't know my baseball history as well, but were the Padres a team by the time of supossed move? If so would that have forced the browns to choose a different colorscheme/identity or if the Padres came later what would they have looked like (hypothetically of course)

The Padres were founded in 1969, so this move would have pre-dated them.

51 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

That's what I though. So it does make you wonder how that would've affected their look if this verions of the Browns existed.

I could see them either keeping the navy & sand era look, or I think brown & orange would be different enough, though it’d be interesting to have two brown-primary teams in the league.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

RTzzRcx.png

bEXUiGS.png

17CVeCe.png

707lGdY.png

Love the colors! This is actually what they use in the alt timeline I've been working on where the Browns move to Milwaukee rather than the Braves. (The Dodgers get their dome in Brooklyn too and never move to the coast.) Blatz was the Braves primary sponsor in real life, so I figured the Browns would use the opportunity to adopt the company colors.

That said, I'd love to see a Brewers version on this because no way do the Browns not revert back to that name if Bill Veeck is successful in moving them back to Milwaukee.  Veeck wanted to go to Milwaukee because he had a successful run as the owner of the American Association's Brewers. 

4 hours ago, johne9109 said:

That's what I though. So it does make you wonder how that would've affected their look if this verions of the Browns existed.

In my alternate time line, the Brewers (Browns) and Padres ended up with each others colors. San Diego being a Naval town and all.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Love the colors! This is actually what they use in the alt timeline I've been working on where the Browns move to Milwaukee rather than the Braves. (The Dodgers get their dome in Brooklyn too and never move to the coast.) Blatz was the Braves primary sponsor in real life, so I figured the Browns would use the opportunity to adopt the company colors.

Thanks! That’s pretty cool, is there somewhere I can see it, or have you not published it yet?

54 minutes ago, NicDB said:

That said, I'd love to see a Brewers version on this because no way do the Browns not revert back to that name if Bill Veeck is successful in moving them back to Milwaukee.  Veeck wanted to go to Milwaukee because he had a successful run as the owner of the American Association's Brewers. 

Don’t worry, you’ll see that at some point, hopefully soon!

55 minutes ago, NicDB said:

In my alternate time line, the Brewers (Browns) and Padres ended up with each others colors. San Diego being a Naval town and all.

That would indeed make a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! That’s pretty cool, is there somewhere I can see it, or have you not published it yet?

Not published yet. I'm not quite satisfied with how I'm entering the 1970s. But here's some highlights of what I've got so far.

-With the Browns/Brewers back in Milwaukee, the Braves move to Kansas City instead.

-With Kansas City occupied, the A's move to Baltimore where they actually did have something of a fanbase. They may or may not eventually end up in Atlanta.

-Since the Dodgers got their dome, the Giants either move to Minnesota or end up in Shea with the Football Giants. The Jets don't exist in this universe, but the Brooklyn Titans do.

-With no MLB teams moving west, the PCL becomes the third major league, now known simply as the Coast League. They move their smaller market teams into bigger western markets such as Dallas, Denver, and Houston.

-The original Washington Senators move to Fort Worth around the same time, mirroring the NFL/AFL feud in the Metroplex.

Right now, the scenario I'm working with is leading to four six-team circuits with the fourth being made up of two teams from each of the other two leagues. The next round of expansion after that will focus on giving all four leagues 8 teams.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NicDB said:

Not published yet. I'm not quite satisfied with how I'm entering the 1970s. But here's some highlights of what I've got so far.

-With the Browns/Brewers back in Milwaukee, the Braves move to Kansas City instead.

-With Kansas City occupied, the A's move to Baltimore where they actually did have something of a fanbase. They may or may not eventually end up in Atlanta.

-Since the Dodgers got their dome, the Giants either move to Minnesota or end up in Shea with the Football Giants. The Jets don't exist in this universe, but the Brooklyn Titans do.

-With no MLB teams moving west, the PCL becomes the third major league, now known simply as the Coast League. They move their smaller market teams into bigger western markets such as Dallas, Denver, and Houston.

-The original Washington Senators move to Fort Worth around the same time, mirroring the NFL/AFL feud in the Metroplex.

Right now, the scenario I'm working with is leading to four six-team circuits with the fourth being made up of two teams from each of the other two leagues. The next round of expansion after that will focus on giving all four leagues 8 teams.

Cool! The Braves in KC and the A's in Baltimore both sound intruiging.

• Like 1

What if... the Astros relocated to Washington (and changed their name)?

This is me trying to make the best of the previously covered "Virginia Fury" move, where the Astros instead move to DC proper. This allows for the space theme to remain but with a more patriotic twist.

xw2WwGy.png

SBZ6RE4.png

6rMkOVg.png

tMGEX6F.png

• Like 5

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Washington Stars (Astros)]
5 hours ago, NicDB said:

Nice effort. But I feel like the Astros identity is way too "space age" to really work for an older east coast city.

4 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I agree with @NicDB.  I like the scripts and the logos, but I don’t think the orange/yellow accents really work for Washington.  The rare spot where red, white, and blue is definitely the way to go. 

That’s understandable. I’ll agree in the sense that I prefer the Nationals’ real-life identity to this Stars one. Although simple red white & blue definitely works better for the city, I’d been wanting to try an Astros-style set that leans a bit more into red, & this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

What if... the Pirates relocated to Denver?

Finances, attendance, and quality of play were all down in 1985, so the Pirates owner expressed that he was interested in selling the team to a Denver group. Black & gold is so entrenched in Pittsburgh, so I replaced gold with purple.

d4mmsQk.png

79GSBvQ.png

xL65ylw.png

67UxDvU.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Denver Pirates]
43 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Pirates relocated to Denver?

Finances, attendance, and quality of play were all down in 1985, so the Pirates owner expressed that he was interested in selling the team to a Denver group. Black & gold is so entrenched in Pittsburgh, so I replaced gold with purple.

d4mmsQk.png

79GSBvQ.png

xL65ylw.png

67UxDvU.png

While I like the color change and think it works well; with Denver being landlocked would they have kept the Pirates moniker? I know it's more common in MLB for relocation teams to keep a team name, but this one doesn't quite fit for me.

ZUH86xc.png

2 hours ago, johne9109 said:

While I like the color change and think it works well; with Denver being landlocked would they have kept the Pirates moniker? I know it's more common in MLB for relocation teams to keep a team name, but this one doesn't quite fit for me.

I wondered about that as well, since Pittsburgh isn't necessarily close to the coast itself I don't think it'd be too big of an issue. If they did change the name, though, I think it'd result in a pretty good version of the Rockies:

1AksZ61.png

NBFt3WD.png

I added pinstripes because, although it's easy to forget, road pins are something the Pirates actually shared with the Rockies during the 90's. I might honestly like this version better than the original.

• Like 2