MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Nice work! However, I would rather you use my later “Milwaukee” script.

spacer.png

I honestly greatly prefer the original "M," as it more closely matches the Cardinals' aesthetic, at least in my mind. It's also pretty similar to the "N" in their "Cardinals Nation" wordmark, which they use in signage around the ballpark. In fact, I'm gonna try to create an "M" lifted directly from that wordmark & see how it goes.

8 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Yeah the M looks too close to the now old Brewers M cap logo spacer.png

I honestly didn't even notice that connection, but if anything that'd be a positive for me, as the Brewers wouldn't exist in this universe.

2 hours ago, MilSox said:

How much more intense is the Cubs-Cardinals rivalry in an alternate timeline where they play just up the Lakeshore?

Probably quite a bit!

2 hours ago, MilSox said:

I mean, the Braves are an Original 8 club and they lifted the block M from the minor league Milwaukee Brewers.

Interesting, I didn't realize that. Granted, a block "M" is quite a bit more basic than the stylized "NY," but the point is still interesting to consider.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Oh I just got an idea.

The M with a cardinal feather underneath 

That would make for a nice cap logo!

39 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

It's also pretty similar to the "N" in their "Cardinals Nation" wordmark, which they use in signage around the ballpark. In fact, I'm gonna try to create an "M" lifted directly from that wordmark & see how it goes.

It was more difficult than I expected, but I honestly don't mind how it turned out:

RM1sPLD.png

What do you all think?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Before I post today's team, I wanted to do a full update on the Milwaukee and Houston variants of the Cardinals, based on the feedback as well as my own desire to make each set more unique:

For Houston, I leaned even more into the red & gold, while updating the "H" in the away wordmark. The away jersey is a cream color as a reference to the 80's Astros.

FOEZFp8.png

tIbiN97.png

8730e50.png

Fx3hriv.png

For Milwaukee, I leaned even more heavily into navy, while going with a cream base for the home, & adding stripes inpsired by the Brewers' real-life home jersey.

7FgbDm4.png

HRGhWki.png

hdCQZZR.png

7V5r3gV.png

Let me know what you think!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Houston & Milwaukee Cardinals Updates]
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Philadelphia Athletics + Houston & Milwaukee Cardinals Updates]

What if... the White Sox relocated to Milwaukee (and changed their name)? 

This is the same premise as my original White Sox → Milwaukee design, but if they changed their name to the "Brewers." Navy & light blue are both colors the Sox have worn in their past.

PeOWjB0.png

FV76wYc.png

0Vo267B.png

fpMZXKI.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee Brewers (White Sox)]
3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the White Sox relocated to Milwaukee (and changed their name)? 

This is the same premise as my original White Sox → Milwaukee design, but if they changed their name to the "Brewers." Navy & light blue are both colors the Sox have worn in their past.

PeOWjB0.png

FV76wYc.png

0Vo267B.png

fpMZXKI.png

Interesting I wonder if we'd get a set where the Cardinals move to Milwaukee and change their name to the Brewers

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Washington Pandas (Padres)]

I like the colours for the Pandas and the DC Road Alternate looks great, but I think it could do with a more "Washington" Font, as the scripts the Padres use were inspired by the Gaslamp Quarter of SD, and I wonder what it would look like with the scripts that the Nationals use or used.

50 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I like the colours for the Pandas and the DC Road Alternate looks great, but I think it could do with a more "Washington" Font, as the scripts the Padres use were inspired by the Gaslamp Quarter of SD, and I wonder what it would look like with the scripts that the Nationals use or used.

Is that true? I dind't know that. I'll see if I can pull off a more Nationals style font.

What if... the (original) Orioles remained in Baltimore?

A team named the Baltimore Orioles existed from 1901-1902 before they moved to New York and eventually became the Yankees, but what if they never did? I combined the original O's block "B" with the Yankees' style "NY."

k3kkNhW.png

rkqz7vl.png

j7dtT5l.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Baltimore Orioles (Yankees)]

Great stuff, I think I have a couple of ideas for some teams, most of these are just teams keeping their old name in the actual locations they ended up moving to.

• Baltimore Browns
  • Boston Red Sox (Braves)
  • Florida Panthers
  • Florida Flamingos
  • Florida Whitecaps
  • Milwaukee Pilots
  • Minnesota Senators
  • New York Orioles
  • St. Louis Browns (Cardinals)
  • Tampa Bay Whitecaps
  • Texas Senators
  • Washington Expos
  • Washington Nationals (ex-Orioles)

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Is that true? I dind't know that. I'll see if I can pull off a more Nationals style font.

I recall reading it somewhere, can't remember where, also the font does have a very San Diego feel to it with the curves recalling the architecture of the Mission.

Looking forward to the Nats style font versions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Great stuff, I think I have a couple of ideas for some teams, most of these are just teams keeping their old name in the actual locations they ended up moving to.

• Baltimore Browns
  • Boston Red Sox (Braves)
  • Florida Panthers
  • Florida Flamingos
  • Florida Whitecaps
  • Milwaukee Pilots
  • Minnesota Senators
  • New York Orioles
  • St. Louis Browns (Cardinals)
  • Tampa Bay Whitecaps
  • Texas Senators
  • Washington Expos
  • Washington Nationals (ex-Orioles)

Thanks. As for your ideas, they seem to fall just out of line with the criteria I've set for this series, which focuses on near-relocations or the lack thereof. Positing if teams that did recolate had kept their name feels a bit beyond the bounds of what this series was trying to accomplish. Plus, a lot of the names make less sense in their new cities (particularly, the Senators & Expos). I appreciate the ideas though.

6 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I recall reading it somewhere, can't remember where, also the font does have a very San Diego feel to it with the curves recalling the architecture of the Mission.

Looking forward to the Nats style font versions.

Alright, here's a more Nationals-inspired take on the Pandas:

YpJ9uaD.png

hzOvhmB.png

7Av2w84.png

iOtgP8c.png

I quite like it, although scripts feel a bit too "thin" for a team named the Pandas, if that makes any sense.

• Like 6

What if... the Diamondbacks relocated to Las Vegas?

The D-Backs signed a nondisclosure agreement with the city of Las Vegas in 2018, suggesting there were at least talks about a potential move. The black, red, & sand color scheme already works perfectly for Vegas.

Jrb9x1G.png

vy4gBwM.png

mMkotS0.png

tBnKv3X.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1