MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

29 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Weird seeing a team from MN wearing the name (well, almost) of a Milwaukee beer and having a very similar script to the company logo on the home alt.

Agreed! It does feel pretty weird.

Hey @MJD7 I wonder if you going to do any jersey concepts surrounding the current relocation rumors for the Tampa Bay Rays as they've been having stadium issues recently, I know they once considering sharing Tampa Bay and Montreal before the pandemic but some other cities have been rumored as potential destinations too.

QNXVyki.png

58 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

Hey @MJD7 I wonder if you going to do any jersey concepts surrounding the current relocation rumors for the Tampa Bay Rays as they've been having stadium issues recently, I know they once considering sharing Tampa Bay and Montreal before the pandemic but some other cities have been rumored as potential destinations too.

I will say I do have at least one Rays potential future relocation planned, although it’s not Montreal. I might end up trying Montreal out too, though. What other cities have you heard of in rumors, out of curiosity?

54 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I will say I do have at least one Rays potential future relocation planned, although it’s not Montreal. I might end up trying Montreal out too, though. What other cities have you heard of in rumors, out of curiosity?

I believe Orlando, Nashville, Charlotte, Indianapolis, San Antonio/Austin, Portland, and Hartford have been mentioned as potential suitors

QNXVyki.png

4 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I believe Orlando, Nashville, Charlotte, Indianapolis, San Antonio/Austin, Portland, and Hartford have been mentioned as potential suitors

One of those cities is indeed the one I have planned. I will say, most of these couldn’t keep the “Rays” name, a lot of them would likely need complete rebrands, which I’m not too keen on doing for this series.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MJD7 said:

One of those cities is indeed the one I have planned. I will say, most of these couldn’t keep the “Rays” name, a lot of them would likely need complete rebrands, which I’m not too keen on doing for this series.

Rays would still work for Orlando, but I remember SFGiants58 had Dragonflies for the Montreal rename, curious what the other cities would need

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

3 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Rays would still work for Orlando, but I remember SFGiants58 had Dragonflies for the Montreal rename, curious what the other cities would need

A lot of them would probably just end up similar to my MLB Expansion Team Proposals mini-series I did at the end of last year:

What if... the Giants relocated to Toronto (and changed their color scheme)?

Going back to the Toronto Giants, I hinted at a new color scheme they considered, which is one of my favorites: royal blue & green. This change brings them closer to our universe's Blue Jays aesthetic.

7Nv9Htr.png

1ayLSg6.png

uzQhfoY.png

hPaVocb.png

• Like 6

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Toronto Giants (V.2: blue & green)]
46 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

A lot of them would probably just end up similar to my MLB Expansion Team Proposals mini-series I did at the end of last year:

I would like to see a set where the Rays become the new Montreal Expos and have uniforms that are a mixture of the Rays/Expos sets. Also what if the Blue Jays permanently relocated to Buffalo?

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

What if... the Athletics relocated to Tampa Bay?

Unsurprisingly, the A's were one of the teams interested in Tampa Bay in the 80's. Rays' columbia blue combines with A's forest green to create a unique color scheme.

mEerzw4.png

fT9mM1d.png

yeFsRjz.png

rWkONPQ.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Tampa Bay Athletics]

What if... the Astros relocated to Virginia (and changed their name)?

The 'Stros had a "handshake" deal in the 90's to move to the DC area and become the "Virginia Fury," but it was rejected by the owners. The tequila sunrise is used to convey the "firey-ness" the name provokes.

mee7tR2.png

SLjYSx6.png

WpnJ6ij.png

ROvim3s.png

• Like 7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Virginia Fury (Astros)]
2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Astros relocated to Virginia (and changed their name)?

The 'Stros had a "handshake" deal in the 90's to move to the DC area and become the "Virginia Fury," but it was rejected by the owners. The tequila sunrise is used to convey the "firey-ness" the name provokes.

mee7tR2.png

SLjYSx6.png

WpnJ6ij.png

ROvim3s.png

This set is great. I'd love to see one full on Tequila sunrise uniform in this color scheme

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

So glad the owners decided to veto the move, NoVa would have been an awful place for a Ballpark and the attendance would have been as bad as the Rays because who in their right mind would subject themselves willingly to the DC area traffic? And in this timeline, no Minute Maid Park and no Nationals Park.

The jerseys are nice though, I like the cuff trim.

Will there be a set for the proposed Fury expansion team?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johne9109 said:

This set is great. I'd love to see one full on Tequila sunrise uniform in this color scheme

Sure thing, I was considering it anyway, but your request made me follow through with it:

jyfYpWp.png

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

So glad the owners decided to veto the move, NoVa would have been an awful place for a Ballpark and the attendance would have been as bad as the Rays because who in their right mind would subject themselves willingly to the DC area traffic? And in this timeline, no Minute Maid Park and no Nationals Park.

The jerseys are nice though, I like the cuff trim.

Will there be a set for the proposed Fury expansion team?

Me too, it's definitely one of the most head-scratching near-moves of this series (It's also one of my least-favorite designs I've made for this series, but that's a separate discussion). 

I'm not covering expansion in this series, but I do have one more iteration of the Fury, which could sort of double as the expansion version of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1