MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

9 minutes ago, M59 said:

Given that this game is being played in Texas, why do these "jerseys" look like they were inspired by the Diamondbacks' Cash Grab Connect set and the Marlins black alternate jersey? 🤮
"You made the MLB All-Star team...and your reward is to play an extra game in these sartorial abominations! Congrats, guys!"
(Just to break trend, I will note that I don't hate the contrasting sleeves and "sun collar". There,Nike designers, I've written something nice about your work. Now...do better work!)

It feels like when the NBA had the game in Indiana using uniforms designed for Atlanta. I guess the idea is to not just stick to the normal home team colors, but they could have used the powder blue and red against navy and red and it's a much better look. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For the most part (with a few exceptions as I can see and acknowledge) I can assume I'm preaching to the choir when I express that I do wish the All Star Game still had each player wear their own team's uniforms. Just one of those little things that set MLB's All Star Game apart as a tradition from the other league's all star festivities, especially when said others are definitely not providing the product they used to. While I guess it won't be like it was when teams like the Mariners and Rays have gotten rid of their grey jerseys, it would still be welcome to revert. And it's just a shame that tradition is making way for dreadful jerseys like these ones, as a form of salt in the wound.

• Like 2

KtHjnlJ.png

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love the coral and light blue! I wonder why those were chosen.

59 minutes ago, M59 said:

Given that this game is being played in Texas, why do these "jerseys" look like they were inspired by the Diamondbacks' Cash Grab Connect set and the Marlins black alternate jersey? 🤮

Since the theme of the All-Star Game seems to invoke the Old West, I would assume they are basing it on one of those American Southwest color palettes. Maybe like with arts and crafts?

Crochet Edge Native Style Fleece Blanket

1,065 Southwest Pottery Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and Images - Getty  Images | Native american pottery, Cactus

Turquoise, Coral and Orange For Summer Style – MeadowTree Style

Or maybe with actual geography...

The American Southwest | Flickr

Granted, this feels much more appropriate for Arizona more-so than Texas, but the latter is usually considered part of the Southwest to a degree.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Since the theme of the All-Star Game seems to invoke the Old West, I would assume they are basing it on one of those American Southwest color palettes. Maybe like with arts and crafts?

Crochet Edge Native Style Fleece Blanket

1,065 Southwest Pottery Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and Images - Getty  Images | Native american pottery, Cactus

Turquoise, Coral and Orange For Summer Style – MeadowTree Style

Or maybe with actual geography...

The American Southwest | Flickr

Granted, this feels much more appropriate for Arizona more-so than Texas, but the latter is usually considered part of the Southwest to a degree.

That may or may not be the case, but it still represents a radical departure from the previous use of the hosting team's colors on the All-Star Game jerseys. While--if you squint really hard--you can see a resemblance to the Rangers block font here, the font looks more like an inept attempt at a Red Sox throwback. The number font is yet another Nike "change for its own sake" concoction, and isn't related to the Rangers' set at all. 
If the Orioles ever host an All-Star Game again (finally more likely now with the ownership change), I'd be hugely disappointed if the jerseys base colors were red and yellow "because those colors are in the Maryland flag and are worn by the University of Maryland and are representative of the state". The state (or region, or whatever) isn't hosting the damned game. The team is. 

I'd have a hard time calling Dallas the Southwest or even the West. It's well east of the 100th meridian, more a confluence of the Great Plains and the South than anything. But then anything in Texas is notoriously hard to assign to a region.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I'd have a hard time calling Dallas the Southwest or even the West. It's well east of the 100th meridian, more a confluence of the Great Plains and the South than anything. But then anything in Texas is notoriously hard to assign to a region.

Texans love to claim "Southwest" even though they're in the middle of the US

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I tend to consider Texas as one of those states that fall into multiple regions. Maybe Houston and East Texas with the rest of the South, Austin and Dallas and the central part being within the Great Plains, South Texas in the Rio Grande Valley, and anything west of San Antonio to be arguably Southwest. Or really, you could just claim the state is it's own region, which many Texans seem to do.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I'm not saying I agree with the usage of southwestern colors, as it was just some speculation on my part.

The pirates are warming up in BP/Black script alt/black CC pants. I’ll update closer to game time…edit…and they’re in home whites…or in their case alternate whites. I jumped gun too early. Pregame had bednar throwing to a batter both dressed that way this morning 

KISSwall09.jpg