Hello, good folks at the SportsLogos.net forums! What I'm about to introduce is something I've been wanted to get off the ground for a while now, but here it is, I previously announced this several weeks in advance on my profile's status update, but this is the start of a multi-sport concept series called "Into the 816-Verse" this series will feature a mixture of breathing new life into Kansas City's forgotten sports teams and a little bit of alternate history. Over the course of this thread, I will be updating my profile banner with each finished concept until it eventually becomes a full collage of every logo in this concept thread plus all of my previous KC-related concepts. All of the primary marks in this series will be Fiverr commissions.

FOOTBALL

BASEBALL

BASKETBALL

HOCKEY

SOCCER

BONUS

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

Let's get this thread started with a refresh of the NFL's Kansas City Cowboys who were the city's first professional football team that played in the NFL from 1924 to 1926, although their inaugural season they were known as the Kansas City Blues, for a mascot I chose a fox wearing a cowboy hat and an orange/brown color scheme, the font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Barlock.

BRANDING

NqkUvGR.png

EXTRA WORDMARKS/INSIGNIAS

JFSJcwd.png

Some of the concepts in this thread won't have a ton of extra wordmarks and such but others will

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

bJWhheW.png

The home field has the Cowboys script logo with a white outline, because when I was designing this, I didn't think the endzone logos with just the brown wordmark meshed well, as for the uniforms it's a simple-(ish) 5 uniform set with home, away, all orange, all white, and all brown alternates.

UPDATE: I just noticed that when I first posted this, I forgot to do shoulder numbers for the brown alternates my bad.

EXTRA FIELDS

GSq1aof.png

Here are some of the extra fields I designed, with a custom Super Bowl endzone, assuming in this universe the Kansas City Cowboys became apart of the AFC as a result of the AFL-NFL merger in the 1970-71 NFL season. 

• Like 5

QNXVyki.png

I'm getting Okie State vibes. But the Cardinals wear U Chicago colors, the Bears wear Illinois colors, the Packers used to wear Marquette colors. So I can buy this.

I just wonder what the Dallas team is called in this universe.

2 hours ago, MilSox said:

I'm getting Okie State vibes. But the Cardinals wear U Chicago colors, the Bears wear Illinois colors, the Packers used to wear Marquette colors. So I can buy this.

I just wonder what the Dallas team is called in this universe.

It's possible that the Lamar Hunt founded AFL's Dallas Texans become the primary Dallas NFL team and the modern day Cowboys never exist. 

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

Set in a universe where these Cowboys are forced to change their name thanks to Dallas Cowboys founder Clint Murchison Jr. winning a bidding war over the nickname "Cowboys" or in an effort to not cause brand confusion with the baseball team of the same name, the NFL's Kansas City Cowboys change their name to the Kansas City Marshals.

BRANDING

JM2U26O.png

A lot of assets were reused from the initial Kansas City Cowboys concept, because they're basically the same team just with a name change.

6ZGsNe0.png

While working on this slide, I noticed the extra wordmarks in my original Cowboys concept looked a bit too low-quality, so I fixed my error and updated the extra wordmarks/insignias slide for the Cowboys concept, and I did the same here.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

fDzGgTo.png

EXTRA FIELDS

XLBftEk.png

I decided to assemble a bonus Super Bowl LVIII field featuring the renamed Marshals facing off against the modern-day Dallas Cowboys in a battle for the Old West. 

• Like 4

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Marshals (NFL)

Before the Kansas City Cowboys, the nickname of Kansas City's first NFL team was the Blues, who were known as such only for their inaugual 1924 season. For the logo, I chose a music notes with two footballs being the "heads" of the note, the color scheme is a basic blue, cyan, and white. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Retrolight.

BRANDING

7Rz4rt5.png

It's merely a coincidence, but the insignia logos I designed do look similar to the Royals City Connect logos.

EMkHzcR.png

I designed an extra blue and white wordmark for the uniforms, because when attaching the regular wordmarks they were pretty hard to see, so I made bold versions for the uniforms and the helmets have the main logo with a white outline.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

ejZo0Rc.png

I originally wanted to do cyan "Blues" wordmarks on the endzones, but that didn't blend well with the main endzone color, so I went with the white wordmark.

EXTRA FIELDS

uyP4vcj.png

And here is an assortment of extra fields that I assembled, a field with cyan endzones and Super Bowl fields with the NFL's Blues playing in the AFC.

• Like 5

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Marshals (NFL) + Kansas City Blues (NFL)
  • 2 weeks later...

When Lamar Hunt was moving the AFL's Dallas Texans one of the names that was considered before settling on "Chiefs" was "Stars", In this alternate universe I did my own take on what a "Kansas City Stars" franchise would look like, as the "Stars" nickname is chosen over Royals, Chiefs, or Mules. For this concept, I went with a space themed football team which isn't really common in gridiron football, a team with this name might fit a city like Houston more, but I managed to make a fit in Kansas City. Especially considering there are teams named the Dodgers and Lakers in LA, and the Jazz in Utah. 

BRANDING

H7BqRHO.png

The font I used for the wordmarks and insignias was Paladins Expanded

RUne1yR.png

For the extra insignias, I decided to make a new smaller "quilt format" so that the extra wordmarks, insignias, and the helmet logo could all fit on the same slide.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

cJ3q7cu.png

For the uniforms, there's a 7-piece uniform set with a Dallas Texans fauxback and since this is a Hunt family-owned team all the uniforms have the commemorative AFL patch much like the Chiefs in our timeline, the font I used for the jersey numbers was Electron Pulse. 

EXTRA FIELDS

3ur3X5l.png

I designed 2 extra home fields with starry yellow endzones and black endzones, as well as custom Super Bowl fields for the Chiefs/Stars recent Super Bowl appearances. 

• Like 4

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Stars (NFL)

Since you touched on it, I'm curious to know why so many teams in Kansas City (Royals, Monarchs, Kings) have had regal themed names. I know the Kings started out as the Cincinnati Royals, but there had to be a reason why they stuck with that theme when they renamed the team.

17 minutes ago, MilSox said:

Since you touched on it, I'm curious to know why so many teams in Kansas City (Royals, Monarchs, Kings) have had regal themed names. I know the Kings started out as the Cincinnati Royals, but there had to be a reason why they stuck with that theme when they renamed the team.

The "Royals" name was actually chosen for the American Royal horse show not royalty, the Kings when they came to Kansas City were already known as the Royals in Cincinnati and Rochester before coming to Kansas City, and the Monarchs I don't know how they got their name, but they our the first to start that royalty theme in Kansas City.

QNXVyki.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Kansas City Renegades were a short-lived charter member of the defunct Champions Pro Indoor Football League that played one season in 2013, and folded after that lone inauguaral season, the Renegades were Kansas City's second ever arena football team after the Brigade/Command in the Arena Football League that played from 2006 to 2012, Kansas City would receive two more arena football teams after the Renegades' short run, one was the Kansas City Phantoms which had a similar mascot to the Brigade/Command and they played 2 seasons from 2017 to 2018 in the Champions Indoor Football league, which came about as a merger between the Champions Pro Indoor Football League and the Lone Star Football League, all before the most recent of arena football teams to pop up in Kansas City, the Kansas City Goats which were recently revealed as a charter member of a brand new arena football league simply titled "The Arena League" that is set to play their first season in 2024. 

BRANDING

yu4qYEM.png

The mascot I chose for the Renegades is a bandit design with a very interesting mixture of black, white, blue, and yellow. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was I.F.C. Los Banditos.

EXTRA BRANDING

spacer.png

And here are the all extra wordmarks and insignias I assembled, you'll notice the insignia for this concept is remarkably different from my other insignia designs in this series, that's because the insignia the Renegades used on their original logo was a simple "KC" logo that didn't interlock.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

GggYI3X.png

Since this was an arena football team, I did not have to assemble multiple fields and I focused on making one standard home field with some on-field sponsors like Einstein Bros. Bagels and Nebraska Furniture Mart. I also put a together a 6-piece uniform set with blue and yellow alternates.

• Like 3

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Renegades (CPIFL)

And now for a bit of a bonus concept I assembled in between the "Renegades" and "Mules" parts of this series, this ties back into Lamar Hunt's relocation of the AFL's Dallas Texans to Kansas City, Missouri and selecting a new name for the team. During the name selection process, owner Lamar Hunt wanted to keep the "Texans" name in Kansas City (which wouldn't have made any sense), so while the exact nickname "Marshals" was never actually considered for the team that would eventually be named the Chiefs, in this timeline Hunt chooses a nickname that keeps the western theming from his Dallas franchise and this name is chosen over Royals, Chiefs, or Mules as this concept is essentially my Cowboys/Marshals (NFL) concept but with a Chiefs/Texans flair to it.

BRANDING

LqKBAtb.png

The color scheme is for the Hunt-owned Marshals is the same red, yellow, and white color scheme carried over from my Chiefs/Texans thread from a while back

pELxbiX.png

Because I have black included in my Chiefs/Texans color scheme, I went in and made some more alternate wordmarks and insignias, I also assembled an alternate helmet logo for the Marshals' all black uniform which is a homage to the original Dallas Texans logo with the state of Missouri in red (outline in white) and a yellow star signifying the location of Kansas City, Missouri, I also did a "Chiefs-style" helmet logo with the state of Missouri in white (outline in black) and a red KC insignia with a black outline.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

PVjzCiG.png

For the standard home fields, I was able to put in single-color scripts for the endzones for the red and yellow (endzone) fields, and the uniform set has the Chiefs color scheme applied to the font used in Cowboys/Marshals with the commemorative AFL patch on the top-right corner.

EXTRA FIELDS

HOP9da9.png

And for the Super Bowl LIV and LV fields, I needed to design a yellow Super Bowl endzone for the Marshals as to contrast the red endzones being used by the 49ers and Buccaneers. There's a Super Bowl LVIII field with the Marshals and Cowboys.

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Marshals (NFL) - ex-Dallas Texans
  • 2 weeks later...

This one was a bit of a long time coming, but we're finally to the "Mules" section of this series, the "Mules" nickname was a nickname that was considered for both the MLB franchise and Lamar Hunt's NFL franchise after moving the Texans from Dallas, Tonight we'll be focusing on the baseball Mules. As "Mules" was the only other nickname that was considered in the "Name the Team" contest for Ewing Kauffman's MLB expansion franchise in 1969. It's very likely that the "Mules" nickname would also been inspired by the American Royal horseshow in Kansas City as mules are part of the equestrian animal family. 

BRANDING

rxLUijd.png

For this part of the series the emblem, mascot, and cap (insignia) logos were all designed by the artist I commissioned, but the script logos were assembled by me using the Barney Script font.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

3qbkxJD.png

Just like with the Dreamers concept from a while back, I assembled both home and away script logos with a green, light brown, and white palette.

EXTRA CAP LOGOS

blw8OoH.png

And here are a couple of extra cap logos, with a few simplified (no-outline) cap logos, that I thought about using the for the ballcaps but didn't. And there's also a Mules mascot logo with a white outline on green.

UNIFORMS

woLzFjJ.png

And now the uniforms! This is my very first time ever assembling a set of baseball uniforms, I was able to figure it out and a create a sort of "Royals-esque" uniform set with a light brown home alternate uniform and a green road alternate uniform.

• Like 4

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Mules (MLB)

Now on to the football Mules, the nickname "Mules" was also once considered by AFL founder Lamar Hunt during the name selection process for what would eventually become the Kansas City Chiefs after moving the Texans from Dallas. In this universe, he chooses "Mules" over Chiefs, Royals, or Stars, I think it would've been very interesting to have 2 horse teams in the same division playing each other.

BRANDING

IZLuj3s.png

I reused the primary and insignia logos from the baseball Mules (as well as the color scheme) but since this is football, I picked a different font for the wordmarks, this one being West Django.

IUV546Z.png

And here are the extra wordmarks I assembled with the additional insignias and "helmet" logo being carried over as well.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

ajtzFKB.png

I put together a set of 6-uniforms with a Dallas Texans fauxback being included just like the Royals (ex-DTX) and Stars sets all with a commemorative Lamar Hunt AFL patch.

EXTRA FIELDS

4QzDSyF.png

To wrap things up, I made a home field with light brown endzones and Super Bowl LIV, LV, and LVII fields with a custom Mules endzone. 

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Mules (MLB/NFL)

As forementioned, "Mules" was a nickname considered for Ewing Kauffman's MLB expansion franchise granted by the league back in 1968 after a Missouri senator sued MLB after the relocation of the Kansas City Athletics to Oakland. This part of the series dresses the Mules in a familiar royal blue and gold look. This is also a reminiscent of the Kauffman-inspired set I did for the Kansas City Cowboys a year ago

BRANDING

BZxMGT5.png

The home script logo was put together by myself, and the font used was Struck Base. The road script logos and cap (insignia) logos were borrowed from the Royals official logo set.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS

ZuQroAA.png

I made a lot of home/away script logos for this one, so not's gonna fit on one page

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPTS

Ffv4yiH.png

As you can see with this Royals-style Mules concept and the football Royals concept from several months back, I really want the Royals to start incorporating more gold and black into their brand packages.

EXTRA CAP LOGOS

PLSDKr6.png

And here is a quilt of extra cap logos, plus the mascot logo with the white outline

UNIFORM SET 1

Mules-Uniform-Set-1.png

I actually made 2 sets of uniforms for this one, the home uniform is based on the current Royals home uniform since 2006, the away uniform is based on the Royals away uniform from 2012 to 2021, an all-powder blue home alternate uniform which combines the script and cap logo from the Royals powder blue alternates worn from 2012-2021 and the new powder blue alternates with full powder blue pants. The first away alternate uniform is based on the Royals away alternate uniform from 2006 to 2013 with the white "Mules" script on the jersey and a mascot shoulder patch.

UNIFORM SET 2

qMmZZcG.png

And for the second home alternate, I designed a uniform based on the Royals blue and gold alternates that debuted in 2016 after their 2015 World Series championship worn from 2016 to 2021, the last 2 alternates I designed are based on the Royals black alternate uniforms worn from 2002 to 2006.

• Like 4

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Mules (MLB/NFL) - Royals style added

Set in an alternate timeline, where the Athletics stay in Kansas City and change their name to the "Mules" in honor of the Kansas City A's unofficial mascot at the time, Charlie "O" the Mule named after Kansas City Athletics owner; Charles O'Finley.

BRANDING

QSkglM5.png

For the ex-Athletic Mules, I went with a blue, yellow, and powder blue color scheme, I made the home script logo with the San Andreas font, the road script logo was borrowed from SFGiants58's MLB The Defunct Saga and the cap (insignia logos) were the Kansas City's A official cap logo from 1965 to 1967.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS/ROAD SCRIPTS (I)

pkfOemo.png

And here is Page 1 of the many script logos I assembled both home and away

ROAD SCRIPTS (II)/EXTRA CAP LOGOS

0c1s7EN.png

And here are the remaining road script logos with the extra cap logos I put together and the mascot logo with the white outline.

UNIFORMS

vqFs2da.png

For the ex-Athletic Mules uniforms, I went with a 5-uniform set that includes a home and road jersey with blue script logos and a yellow outline, 2 home alternates a full powder blue uniform and a "mustard" yellow uniform, and to round it all out a road blue alternate uniform with a yellow "Kansas City" script and the Mules mascot as a shoulder patch.

• Like 4

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Mules (MLB/NFL) - Royals & Athletics style added

Before Kansas City's independent baseball franchise chose to rename themselves the "Monarchs" in honor of the famous Negro Leagues Baseball team that played from 1920 to 1965, they were known as the "T-Bones" that played at the ballpark formerly known as CommunityAmerica Ballpark and competed in the Northern League from 2003 to 2010 and then were moved into where they are now the American Assocation of Professional Baseball. The T-Bones/Monarchs franchise actually got their start in Duluth, MN as a charter member of Northern League as the Duluth-Superior Dukes and played in Duluth from 1993 to 2002, it was until 2003, that the Dukes moved to Kansas City, Kansas and changed their name to the "T-Bones" and were known under that moniker from 2003 to 2019. This part of the series, Imagines what if the T-Bones never change their name and update their identity with a fresh new look?

BRANDING

fMVA2Gq.png

The emblem logo and mascot logo are updated versions of the T-Bones original logo that was used from 2003 to 2019, the font that I used for the home and script logos was Hanstoc Script, I even made a full script logo with light brown and black outlines that's made to resemble the T-Bones' original script logo.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

p30eD1z.png

Here are all the extra script logos I assembled, I also made some plain home and away script logos

EXTRA CAP LOGOS

1znTrwz.png

And here are a small assortment of extra cap (insignia) logos with some multicolor variations

UNIFORMS

OrJl7H8.png

And here are the 4 uniforms I designed, with a standard white and gray home and away jerseys, a light brown home alternate and a red away alternate.

BLACK ALTERNATE UNIFORMS

7HafI9Q.png

To round out the full 6-uniform set, I made a pair of black home and away alternate sets as well.

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png