Penn states hockey jerseys

puckcool22

im sure icers is the pennstate knock off of habs

The sweaters are allright, credit due for the unique design. As for the rampant use of the Icers moniker I'm guessing it's an "alternate" nickname, albeit a very popular nickname.

Where is PSUcub, she probably knows.  :D

phocused, did I hear you calling my name? :)

As far as the hockey team's nickname here at Penn State, the team name officially is the Icers, although I've seen a few instances where Nittany Lion Icers was used, but that's not common. The D-2 team is the Ice Lions, and the women's team is the Lady Icers.

The Icers have now won 4 ACHA (club) Division I championships in a row (actually 5 in the past 6 years, and the one time they didn't win, they were runner up to an Iowa State team that ended up vacating the championship position) and if a lead donation surfaced to build a new, bigger rink, chances are very high they would jump to NCAA Division I. I don't know whether they'd let tradition stick at that point, or if they'd have to go exclusively by the Nittany Lions nickname like the varsity sports. The team does use the "chipmunk" logo and more recent logo based on the lion shrine, so it's not like the Nittany Lion aspect is ignored, it's just not the team's name.

The uniforms are sweet looking. I love the home whites with the blue shoulders. My only gripe is that the sleeve numbers on the home unis are done in blue trimmed by gray, which makes them hard to read. On the road unis, the sleeve numbers are in white trimmed in gray, yet both uniforms have blue sleeves. Why it's one way on the homes and another on the roads, I don't know. Another thing I love about the uniforms are the helmets - they're white with the blue stripe down the middle, like the football helmets.

Any more Q's about the Icers, I'd be happy to answer. :)

Edited to add:

Here's a pic of the full uniforms, front and rear view.

icersunis.jpg

those jerseys are definitly influenced by the Russia jerseys, but they look great. Like the use of the text and logo

i do agree that the "Icer" name is kinda cheesy (shoo bosox! :D ) and that they should have stuck with Nittany Lions.

Reminds me, I should start doing NCAA hockey concepts again... I remember someone requesting Big 10 schools, so it might be a good project to take on

Archived