PWHL Branding and Uniforms 2023-24

spartacat_12

8 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Did you get to hear the names and colors? Are the colors going to stay close to what they are now? I’d love for Minnesota to keep using purple

I'd be shocked if there are any major color changes since they were essentially the identities of each team for year one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Minnesota Valkyries or bust tbh

The only other names I wouldn't mind are the Whitecaps or Reign.

Whitecaps because of the historical use of the name and it still works with purple & black.

Reign as a play on Prince's "Purple Rain" and also for being the inaugural champs.

On 7/11/2024 at 9:43 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Did you get to hear the names and colors? Are the colors going to stay close to what they are now? I’d love for Minnesota to keep using purple

She said something to the effect of "I don't know much about what the other teams are doing aside from a couple of their names." She didn't say what they were or which ones, other than she thought one was okay, and didn't like the other.

As to the team she works for, she said that the colors are the same, at least in broad strokes. I was told that the specific hue of colors might be tweaked, but again, she hasn't seen the final product. She's in ops, and although it's a pretty small team, the uniforms aren't part of her responsibilities.

The only reason we even got onto the topic was that I mentioned I was a jersey collector, and have at least one gamer from each of the NWHL/PHF franchises.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)