DCarp1231’s Retroactive Best and Worst Matchups of NFL Week 1

We missed out on Week 1 so here is a retroactive list at the request of you guys. There were some really great ones this week so it’s not a cake walk and traditional matchups aren’t guaranteed spots in the Best List-

Best

Buccaneers @ Vikings

Throwbacks for Minnesota was just a cherry on top of an already stellar Tampa Bay uniform.

spacer.png

Dolphins @ Chargers

Vibrancy is the key here people, and you’re going to hear it a lot from me.

spacer.png

Packers @ Bears

It’s a tale as old as time and everything is fine.

spacer.png

Honorable Mention

49ers @ Steelers

My feelings towards Pittsburgh’s uniform hamper this one. Otherwise it’s a finely tuned matchup that chugged along.

spacer.png

Worst

Titans @ Saints

Not surprising. All white monstrosities against a persistent usage of all black.

spacer.png

Cardinals @ Commanders

If Washington actually had gold pants, this has a chance at Honorable Mention

spacer.png

Wild Card

Bills @ Jets

New York’s throwbacks were incredible, but against the blueberry behemoth of Buffalo? Not a chance. Could’ve been better and definitely could’ve been worst ie Jets going black below the belt.

spacer.png

Have at it folks.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Best list: You were two for three. #2 was half great and half disaster.

Honorable mention: Putting Niners - Steelers in this category makes me wish I'd never let you take this thing over. That game is at minimum top three. Keep it up and I'm taking this back. 😎

Worst list: No argument here.

Wild card: Jets throwbacks cancel out the terrible blue monochrome making this game a wash. It doesn't warrant consideration for either list.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

25 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Best list: You were two for three. #2 was half great and half disaster.

Honorable mention: Putting Niners - Steelers in this category makes me wish I'd never let you take this thing over. That game is at minimum top three. Keep it up and I'm taking this back. 😎

Worst list: No argument here.

Wild card: Jets throwbacks cancel out the terrible blue monochrome making this game a wash. It doesn't warrant consideration for either list.

I get where your tastes lie. I agree with them. I'm not surprised that we both disagree with @DCarp1231's rankings. We share a different aesthetic taste.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Love it, including the emphasis on vibrancy. For me, the color matchup is always a big factor because you're not just watching two uniforms in a vacuum, but always appreciate the varied strong opinions.

Looks like the Cards choice to go all red from the shoulders down is gonna keep them stuck in the worst pile after years in the dog house lol.

Also, re: Jets, their throwback helmet logo looked fantastic but actually would fit better with their current uniform. The uniform itself did not move the needle for me, just the choice to wear green socks (idk how often they do that with their primaries).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Looks like the Cards choice to go all red from the shoulders down is gonna keep them stuck in the worst pile after years in the dog house

Not mixing in yellow was a HUGE opportunity missed. A near lateral move to their '05 unis. *big long yawn*

• Huh? 1

6uXNWAo.png