2023 NASCAR Paint Schemes

Green27

I didn't see a thread dedicated to paint schemes, just talk about the season in general. Figured I would try to get one going here! I would love this to be the one place we go to in order to talk upcoming paint schemes, what's on our wishlist, etc. 

Here are some schemes for the upcoming race at the Charlotte ROVAL! 

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

15 hours ago, mjarvie said:

There is a thread on page 3 that hasn't been updated since July. It's just motorsports threads don't gain much traction around here because they aren't stick and ball sports. 

It's a 2022 thread, so I thought this one would be the go-to moving forward into the playoffs and offseason. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

17 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

A lot of Bryon’s schemes lately have the character of unseasoned chicken

I’m confused when the announcers call his cars beautiful. To me it looks like the sponsor didn’t give them enough money to paint the car. I know it’s wrap but all white cars with the only designed element being a silver stripe last week, and a green number and barely visible mint green loops this week makes it look like the sponsor didn’t give them a design for the car.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Green27 said:

Agreed, as white can certainly be a clean look, but it's odd how bland these recent schemes have been. There are modern all/mostly white schemes that look so much better. 

615869_1.jpg

2016_Miller_Lite_LVW_02_BK.jpg

I think part of it is brand recognition. People know what mobil 1 and Miller are. There is a perceived value to them. What is “Z” and “relay” they just seem like tech startups especially when they come out with all white cars.

• Like 1

Every single 24 scheme would be dramatically improved if they would go back to using the proper gold numbers on every car. Keeping the number color that iconic gold would help the car look a lot more like the iconic cars Jeff Gordon ran that made the number famous. The Pods scheme isn't too bad but the Z and Relay schemes are embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

15 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Every single 24 scheme would be dramatically improved if they would go back to using the proper gold numbers on every car. Keeping the number color that iconic gold would help the car look a lot more like the iconic cars Jeff Gordon ran that made the number famous. The Pods scheme isn't too bad but the Z and Relay schemes are embarrassing.

I'm of the opinion that when Gordon left the car, they should have changed the font. I also think that Austin Dillon's 3 should have a different font from the Earnhardt 3 and Bowman's 48 should be a different font. Basically, if someone stays with a number long enough to have it primarily be associated with them, then the next guy should have a different font.

• Like 3

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Strongly of the opinion that not only the 24, but all of the HMS cars need to go back to the iconic gold numbers.

Also, I really hate how much white is in NASCAR these days, but particularly at HMS. Blue, red, and yellow are the colours of HMS in my mind. This is what HMS is supposed to look like:

spacer.png

As a HMS fan, I hate seeing so much white in their schemes now. And while I'm glad to see the flames returning on the 24, they really shouldn't be on a white base.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yea really hating the white based cars, I have to wonder though if that’s because if they have to go to a backup car with them being white it’s less drastic of a change when they aren’t able to put on all the wrap

Last week, Chase Elliott originally had a white car with a black roof, but after needing to switch to his backup, it was completely white

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1