Rugby League Branding Exercise

Davidson

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I've been following on Instagram and you've knocked it out of the park with this series. My favorite is Barrow - so fun and exponentially better than the existing version.

While I don't think every logo update has been a significant improvement, you've done a great job of simplifying what had excessive colors/gradients/outlines. The fonts are a bit too consistent though...in a vacuum they look good, but seeing them all series-wide I think you could use a little more variety.

For Featherstone - the original crest had a top hat, but you removed it for your version. Did it hold any significance? Maybe there's a way to keep it in there somewhere while still keeping the cleaned-up look?

For Hull, I really like the original - I think they had a very creative way of making a negative space sparrow head within a crown, so you had a challenge to improve on it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

14 hours ago, slapshot said:

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I've been following on Instagram and you've knocked it out of the park with this series. My favorite is Barrow - so fun and exponentially better than the existing version.

While I don't think every logo update has been a significant improvement, you've done a great job of simplifying what had excessive colors/gradients/outlines. The fonts are a bit too consistent though...in a vacuum they look good, but seeing them all series-wide I think you could use a little more variety.

For Featherstone - the original crest had a top hat, but you removed it for your version. Did it hold any significance? Maybe there's a way to keep it in there somewhere while still keeping the cleaned-up look?

For Hull, I really like the original - I think they had a very creative way of making a negative space sparrow head within a crown, so you had a challenge to improve on it.

Ah thanks. Appreciate it. Yeah, I've made 63 of them, so there will definitely be some overlap...

The Featherstone Rovers 'Hat' is actually a knights helmet. There are colour renders of the logo that make that more clear.

The Hull Kingston Rovers logo is great. Check out their rebrand here:

https://badge.hullkr.co.uk/

On 11/22/2023 at 2:28 PM, LaGrandeOrange said:

I assume you've completed these and are just posting them now, but would you be interested in keeping it going with the French Elite 1 or some of the top national teams? Most of the national teams have lacking aesthetics compared to their relatives in other top sports.

Ha, yeah. I'll be finished tomorrow. Three left then I'll post all 63 together. I think I'm done now, feel like I scratched the itch, so to speak.

Okay, thats a wrap. Many thanks for all the comments on these, Ive really enjoyed making this series. I might be back to do something else at some point. Any ideas you have stick them below, perhaps I can make similar animated characters for such a project. I think there might be a way to use UVs or Normal Maps to make an animated version for Photoshop?

Anyway, here are all the logos together along with the uniforms.

original-99fdaf8dd1f4925502927be3dd193d9

original-6b5abaf3eb5c1394618f1f8ca2ea1ff

original-a0a027261f278de23500ae2fa8d04fa

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2