Rugby League Branding Exercise

Davidson

South Sydney Rabbitohs, One of sport's unique brands. The Rabbitohs have such an original palette that they barely change the uniforms for away fixtures. I like the solo Rabbit logo they currently sport, but feel like he's more chunky and less athletic than he could look. Here's my attempt.

Original Logo

spacer.png

South Sydney Rabbitohs

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

On 10/11/2023 at 1:18 AM, Davidson said:

Gold Coast Titans, a relatively recent addition (2007) to the NRL. Always a little sad when teams choose names that have no local significance, so I've tried to work in a coastal / sunshine theme.

Original Logo

spacer.png

Gold Coast Titans

original-5508b3308291ebf4af2a2d7697b31bc

original-ea006689eac775ccc8396e2daea52e1

Phenomenal... absolutely PHENOMENAL! One of the finest marks I've ever seen. A truly outstanding piece of work, Frasier.

13 minutes ago, Davidson said:

Thanks Brian, appreciate you saying. Very kind.

I've been meaning to comment about how much I've enjoyed the series since you posted the first concept. Each successive design has been a unique and well-crafted take. Then you unveiled this Gold Coast brand treatment and I found it absolutely breathtaking. It completely captured my attention in a way that the Titans' existing mark never had. Again, kudos!

Wigan Warriors. Maybe the most successful UK Rugby League team. Here, I have stolen the concept from their relatively new rebrand. A couple of nested W's in the Warrior's beard. Wont the Super League defeating the Dragons at the weekend, so a great team to start the week with.

Original Logo

spacer.png

Wigan Warriors

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 10/9/2023 at 1:14 AM, Davidson said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

I think the chip in the side of the N would slightly confuse the N to be honest, I dont think theres a neat way to have a very symmetrical NZ monogram tbh.

Re the Rhino ears,  they curl up into these funny tubes, I was trying to get some of that into them, but I can see what you mean.

Fair enough for NZ.

I see what you're going for, but I still think the Rhino ears could be greatly improved with even just the addition of a little gray highlight somewhere.

Agree with everyone about the Titans; really lovely composition for the logo, and I love the little splatter effect on the jerseys.

Really clever use of the horns for Canberra. I'd probably prefer all the face highlights in that same yellow color though. Jerseys give nice NY Cosmos vibes.

Don't know how the IRL Rabbitohs get away with wearing basically the same jersey as primary and change, but your unbounded, leaping rabbit looks so dynamic on them!

The Dragons are probably the best yet. The jersey is pure perfection, and the integration of the shield, flag, and wings on the logo is just breath-taking.

Good upgrade for Wigan. The shaded Viking helmet is really nice, and you make the W's feel a bit less shoe-horned than the real thing. Curious if the breaks in the striping on the jersey are meant to form a W?