Rugby League Branding Exercise

Davidson

We all know that's far too tasteful for Derek Beaumont! That said, a leopard print chevron is probably the meeting point between "good design" and what he hopes for- as satisfying as it was to see them shake up the somewhat stale Super League table, it was impossible to take them seriously in their hideous full face shirts. Good job!

Okay, so I've really enjoyed this and I think I'll do one more league... The RFL Championship, the UK second tier. Barrow Raiders up first. Their current brand is really poor, so I went for something that featured some of the uniform and a new Raider mascot.

Original Logo

Barrow_Raiders_logo.png

Barrow Raiders

original-ceecbe4625aa2c562380bf0ee4dcc9c

original-43367fbc55bfa93b42ed7f630d7e717

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, raysox said:

that raiders logo is so sharp, I love the lighting and sharp angles. There's a lot of bad logos in the RFL Championship, so i'm excited to see where you take them

Haha, indeed there are! Thanks man.

1 hour ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I noticed most of these designs have the V-shaped thingy across the chest, is it really a common design element in rugby?

Yes, it’s very common in rugby league, though oddly very rare in rugby Union. It’s hard to say exactly why, but the standard answer is that when the codes split (Rugby League went professional in 1895 and union was, until the mid 90s, an amateur sport) it became the dominant code in only a few areas. Principly the north of England where it was born and Australia. Common in Australian sports design was the V-stripe design on cricket jumpers. As sports clubs in Australia were often multi sports organisations, these designs became uniform across all their teams. This became a popular element throughout the game as it sought to be different and appear aesthetically separate from Rugby Union. It’s now common in the UK and France also.

• Like 2