PWHL Minnesota Superior HC

seasaltvanilla

Idea that came into my head last night. I'm pretending that the name has Hockey Club as a suffix to make it more palatable and less Wild.

If the Minnesota PWHL team is leaning into the Lake Superior imagery, probably the most famous landmark on the North Shore is Split Rock Lighthouse, which forms the basis for the main logo. The Little Dipper also hangs in the sky with Polaris serving double duty as the light bloom from the lighthouse. Purple has already been strongly hinted to be the primary color, which pairs well with sky blue to represent Lake Superior. Wavy striping also ties into the lake, as well as being a nod to the former Whitecaps. Putting even more waves on the breezers seemed like overkill, so I went with a slightly out there enlarged lighthouse instead.

EGwPquo.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Idea that came into my head last night. I'm pretending that the name has Hockey Club as a suffix to make it more palatable and less Wild.

If the Minnesota PWHL team is leaning into the Lake Superior imagery, probably the most famous landmark on the North Shore is Split Rock Lighthouse, which forms the basis for the main logo. The Little Dipper also hangs in the sky with Polaris serving double duty as the light bloom from the lighthouse. Purple has already been strongly hinted to be the primary color, which pairs well with sky blue to represent Lake Superior. Wavy striping also ties into the lake, as well as being a nod to the former Whitecaps. Putting even more waves on the breezers seemed like overkill, so I went with a slightly out there enlarged lighthouse instead.

EGwPquo.png

Fun concept. Maybe it's because I'm in phone, but your purple looks a little more blue than the shade they teased.

I don't think it'd look bad with the one they released, but it might lose a tad of the cohesiveness.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The logo and jersey concepts are really solid, and you're right about the Superior name working better with HC after it. The light flash/Polaris idea is so clever!

Only complaint is that I'm not totally feeling the lighthouse on the breezers; I'd go with a series of those 4 pointed stars and one 8 pointed star in a different color, running down the sides vertically.

• Like 1