The rise of US Women's Volleyball?

4_tattoos

• 2 weeks later...

Kentucky vs Nebraska tonight on ESPN2!

EDIT: It's actually a doubleheader the doubleheader is at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Louisville vs Wisconsin in the second game of the evening.

LOVB has made it's presence known with a floor ad and digital signage ad promoting the league. 

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Wisconsin vs Stanford about to begin on Fox. There's been a quite a few NCAA women's volleyball matches on broadcast TV so far this season. Good sign for the growth of the sport!

Going out on a limb and predict they'll make Columbus the championship site. Nationwide Arena is the only major league venue in PVF, they may choose Columbus simply to appear bigger than LOVB.

* While the CHI Health Center in Omaha is on par with NBA/NHL arenas, it's highest profile tenant is Creighton men's basketball. I personally don't view Creighton as a bigger brand than the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I don't want to start a debate lol

21 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

While the CHI Health Center in Omaha is on par with NBA/NHL arenas, it's highest profile tenant is Creighton men's basketball. I personally don't view Creighton as a bigger brand than the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I don't want to start a debate lol

Be that as it may, you can't rule out Omaha pushing hard to make itself a destination as they did for the College World Series, especially since the league's Omaha team is kind of a big success story for the league and city.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫