2024 NASCAR Season

DCarp1231

2 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

I'd totally be in favor of NASCAR re-implementing a limit to the number of OT attempts. Hell I'd be fine with just one attempt. 

I'd totally be  in favor of getting rid of OT entirely. It turns into a wreck-fest way too often. Maybe a better option would be a 5-10 lap OT depending on the size of the track.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I love NASCAR coming to Chicago, and I think it is reaping huge benefits...but could we do it on any other weekend? The Chicago races have been cursed since 2018/2019 with rain (all within the same time of year); if they do decide to renew the deal, I think moving it the week before the Brickyard would be a good move to try to keep the rain issues at bay.

rAUPGPZ.png

I’m not saying street courses are a failure, but when you have to have the race on a particular weekend or it be a no contest they just didn’t think about the logistics of the thing. Maybe it could work in a different city, in an outskirt part of the city where there are no issues with shutting it down for an extended period if needed. I honestly was never a fan of this track, and the weather sure hasn’t helped.

And bubba got fined 50k for side swiping bowman. I don’t agree with it. It wasn’t on pit road with people standing around, Elliot was playing chicken :censored: games with Suarez after the same race and no penalty. Truex hit Hamlin about 5 different times after Richmond, and trying to wreck Larson. I’m no bubba fan but his penalty is not consistent at all.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

And bubba got fined 50k for side swiping bowman. I don’t agree with it. It wasn’t on pit road with people standing around, Elliot was playing chicken :censored: games with Suarez after the same race and no penalty. Truex hit Hamlin about 5 different times after Richmond, and trying to wreck Larson. I’m no bubba fan but his penalty is not consistent at all.

I’m not a fan of the fine either, but I feel like it mostly had something to with safety reasons as Bowman had his window net down.

If anyone has impressed me this season, it's Todd Gilliland. Yes, FRM upgraded, but he has shown that he has what it takes. Leading laps at the 500 and Atlanta, he didn't have the finishes early on in the season, but he has been insanely consistent as of late. I could see him being a threat at the next Atlanta race.

Also, Justin Haley has been blowing everyone's expectations out of the water. Yes, the finishes don't really show the true pace sometimes, but some races he has had remarkable speed in a Rick Ware car! I still think he could replace BK in the 6 when he hangs it up.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, that just happened...

Here are my thoughts:

1.  As an AD3 fan (even though I've mellowed on him), it's nice that his last win won't be the fracas that was the Daytona monsoon race. He had great pace today and outran most of the field. If Stenhouse wasn't being Stenhouse, then we wouldn't even be talking about this...
  2. The fact that he made contact with Logano and Hamlin (two of my least favorite drivers, btw) is insane, but I get the backlash. Yes, AD3 did choke away the last restart (he has never been the best at those) and there is a good chance he right hooked Hamlin. But in this playoff systems, you have to pull off these things to win, which leads into my next point.
  3. I don't think it's AD3's fault at all - he had to do that because of the playoff system we have now. Over the past decade, all decorum and logic and reasoning has been thrown out at the racetrack and races to the finish have become demo derbys, and I've become tired of it. Drivers are sacrificing everything to win, and it doesn't have to be that way.
  4. If they do find out that AD3 did right hook DH, I'd be fine if they revoked his playoff berth. I don't want a sub-30th driver fighting for a championship when the bubble fight is tightening up and those drivers deserve to be fighting for the championship.

rAUPGPZ.png

I didn’t watch live, just caught the replay of that final corner. The contact on Logano is kind of whatever for me. Pretty sure it’s something Joey would do. Getting Hamlin, though, was pretty sketchy, especially with his radio apparently saying “wreck him!  Wreck him!” before he did. I’d revoke the win but I’m sure they will do nothing.  That’s suspension worthy, imo. 

edit: on second thought, the Logano wreck was really bad too. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Honestly, if penalty is necessary, keep the win but revoke his playoff berth. No reason for a Sub-30 driver to get into the playoffs like that. 

I’d make a rule stating sub-30 in points drivers have to win twice to be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.

You can say that win last night was cool and exciting.

You can also say that Richard Childress is an egotistical, led paint staring, degenerate dumbass.

If Stenhouse doesn't wreck Preece for nothing, this doesn't happen. Obviously, people would complain that Austin won because he's a silver spoon and all, but he dominated the majority of the race and was always near the front. That hissy fit by a pair of backmarkers doesn't happen, Austin Dillon walks out of the track the happiest man on the planet.

Get rid of the "win and you're in" rule in the regular season and THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS. You're simply rewarding and enabling this kind of behavior.

• Like 1

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

You can say that win last night was cool and exciting.

You can also say that win last night was bush league bull:censored:. Imagine if Dillon had wrecked Chase Elliot and Kyle Larson instead of Logano and Hamlin.

It's past time to dump the "win and you're in" nonsense.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

On 8/11/2024 at 10:05 PM, GrayJ12 said:

If Stenhouse wasn't being Stenhouse, then we wouldn't even be talking about this...

3 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

If Stenhouse doesn't wreck Preece for nothing, this doesn't happen.

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

Dillon has been penalized.

He keeps the win, but the automatic bid has been revoked. He has also been penalized 25 driver and team points. His spotter has been suspended for the next 3 races. Logano is also fined $50,000.

The win has much value as a vanity license plate now.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

45 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dillon has been penalized.

He keeps the win, but the automatic bid has been revoked. He has also been penalized 25 driver and team points. His spotter has been suspended for the next 3 races. Logano is also fined $50,000.

The win has much value as a vanity license plate now.

Think they got it right. What was Logano fined for?  I only looked briefly but didn’t get a ton of clarity.

IUe6Hvh.png