Detroit Lions Uniforms

nbitterman

The Lions are another team getting new uniforms for the 2024 season. My interest is one that is commonly shared amongst those who have created Lions uniform concepts, which is the look that they dawned during the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Modernizing retro looks and combining history with the present is my go-to style, and the Lions have a brand that I believe could thrive with something like this.

As always, I love hearing feedback and other interests/ideas that are out there! Here is a summary of the changes from the current look. 

Helmet

- Updated the stripe (pants as well) to a blue/white/blue pattern

- Changed the facemask color from silver to Honolulu Blue (I think a metallic version would look sharp)

Numbers

- Used the current font with an increased width

- Changed the outline color from dark gray to white on the home jersey

Sleeves

- Removed the "Lions" wordmark and the current WCF logo from the sleeves

- Added trim to the stripe pattern

Logos

- Added a slightly modified WCF logo to the front of the jersey (Stripes in the logo are angled to match the numbers and wordmark)

- Added the "One Pride" slogan to the inside of the jersey collar

Primary Home & Away

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Love 5

On 2/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, nbitterman said:

The Lions are another team getting new uniforms for the 2024 season. My interest is one that is commonly shared amongst those who have created Lions uniform concepts, which is the look that they dawned during the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Modernizing retro looks and combining history with the present is my go-to style, and the Lions have a brand that I believe could thrive with something like this.

As always, I love hearing feedback and other interests/ideas that are out there! Here is a summary of the changes from the current look. 

Helmet

- Updated the stripe (pants as well) to a blue/white/blue pattern

- Changed the facemask color from silver to Honolulu Blue (I think a metallic version would look sharp)

Numbers

- Used the current font with an increased width

- Changed the outline color from dark gray to white on the home jersey

Sleeves

- Removed the "Lions" wordmark and the current WCF logo from the sleeves

- Added trim to the stripe pattern

Logos

- Added a slightly modified WCF logo to the front of the jersey (Stripes in the logo are angled to match the numbers and wordmark)

- Added the "One Pride" slogan to the inside of the jersey collar

Primary Home & Away

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is spectacular. Only two critiques...

- Memorial patch: I feel like they'd still keep this on the sleeve for an overall cleaner look when looking from the front

- Helmet stripes: I feel like we'd keep the northwestern stripes on the helmet while adding in white. Same pattern on the pants. 

Outside of these two minor things, this is a great job. 

I'm interested in seeing what you do for an alternate. I believe the Lions will want to bring back the alternate helmet from last year. 

• Like 1

For an alternate uniform, I chose to go with a gray uniform that features a darker, almost smokey, gray from the gray that is used in the primary look. I'm not certain that the current gray uniform is popular amongst the fan base, but I think it works for a set that doesn't feature black.

I decided to stick with the blue helmet as well. Since it's no longer an anniversary season, the primary logo is used instead of the throwback logo. Blue socks instead of gray socks as well to complement the blue helmet.

Alternate Gray

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, WideRight said:

That's an interesting take on the Lions.   Not sure they would ever give up the silver helmet, but this does work.  

I agree that they probably would never ditch the silver helmet as the primary look. I was thinking the white helmet and pants could serve as alternates, especially if the league ever allows more than two helmets.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:28 PM, nbitterman said:

White Home & Away

spacer.png

It is interesting to see the whole look together (the all whites). The Lions do have the white jersey be a touch cleaner without the silver outline on the sleeves. It's not a bad look. I do like the addition of the pant stripes. Again, I think the northwestern stripes would be an improvement and this is already used in the jerseys and the current helmet stripe. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...