MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II

MJD7

pNBReOA.png

Hello there,

Since Nike’s City Connect jerseys were originally intended to cycle through new designs every few years, I figured I’d try the same thing with my “Cooperstown Collection” concepts. I tried to be more creative and adventurous with the designs this time around, hopefully that shows. I’ll be posting one team a day, leading right up to Opening Day! 

I'm putting these in a separate thread since I'm not yet sure of Nike's City Connect release schedule, and those tweaks will likely take up that thread.

I hope you enjoy!

Cooperstown Collection Volume II

Arizona Diamondbacks

Naturally, I went back to the purple & teal era again, but this time with a teal base color, which the team had never done during that era or since. The new full "Diamondbacks" wordmark makes an appearance.

TV8Topc.png

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Arizona Diamondbacks)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Atlanta Braves)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Baltimore Orioles)
22 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Atlanta Braves

This jersey is inspired by the 1929 Braves, which is probably where the modern-day Braves' subtle use of gold can be traced back to.

yz9ugNd.png

The yellow ties this whole look together, and it gives it a unique "Atlanta" feel. Yes, all of ATL's teams use red to some extent, but I feel like yellow could be a good secondary color for the city. Great job!

• Love 1

rAUPGPZ.png

I absolutely love what you did with the Orioles’ sleeve patch. Such a clever and creative way to blend the Browns and Orioles together! Well done across the board with these so far!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 2/27/2024 at 11:27 AM, MJD7 said:

Arizona Diamondbacks

Naturally, I went back to the purple & teal era again, but this time with a teal base color, which the team had never done during that era or since. The new full "Diamondbacks" wordmark makes an appearance.

TV8Topc.png

Pretty nice, and if the Dbacks had sense they would have uniforms like this already

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, GrayJ12 said:

The yellow ties this whole look together, and it gives it a unique "Atlanta" feel. Yes, all of ATL's teams use red to some extent, but I feel like yellow could be a good secondary color for the city. Great job!

Thank you! I agree, the yellow is an essential (but underrated) part of the Braves' identity. Since the Hawks already use red, black, & yellow, like my Braves concept does, & the Falcons have used gold as an accent in the past, I agree that it could be a nice secondary color for the city.

Since I reframed the team name to be referencing firefighters, there's something about the combination of the color scheme with that font that feels very "Fire Department-esque" too, so I'm happy with how it turned out.

14 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I absolutely love what you did with the Orioles’ sleeve patch. Such a clever and creative way to blend the Browns and Orioles together! Well done across the board with these so far!

Thank you! The idea honestly came about pretty naturally, and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

7 hours ago, FrutigerAero said:

Pretty nice, and if the Dbacks had sense they would have uniforms like this already

Thanks. I'm honestly partial to their current brick red, black, sand, and/or turquoise color scheme myself, but I can't deny there are a lot of people that love the purple, teal, & copper.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Boston Red Sox)
2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks. I'm honestly partial to their current brick red, black, sand, and/or turquoise color scheme myself, but I can't deny there are a lot of people that love the purple, teal, & copper.

I don't think the current look is bad, especially after they just got rid of "DBACKS" this season which I didn't think was a good primary look.  But I wish they went the route of the Phillies who have a throwback uni they wear regularly.  

Also, I have a question about the Braves uniform, with the firemen's axes, I've seen some people say that's a great connection to the city of Atlanta, but I'm confused at what the significance or connection is?  Me searching google doesn't give me anything, so I'm a bit lost with that logo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrutigerAero said:

I don't think the current look is bad, especially after they just got rid of "DBACKS" this season which I didn't think was a good primary look.  But I wish they went the route of the Phillies who have a throwback uni they wear regularly.  

I agree. I could be cool with that.

2 hours ago, FrutigerAero said:

Also, I have a question about the Braves uniform, with the firemen's axes, I've seen some people say that's a great connection to the city of Atlanta, but I'm confused at what the significance or connection is?  Me searching google doesn't give me anything, so I'm a bit lost with that logo.

Sure, so Atlanta was burned down almost to its entirety during the Civil War. There is a statue in the city commemorating that they “rose from the ashes” following the war.

• Like 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Chicago Cubs)

Chicago White Sox

There were so many different options to go with for the Sox, but I eventually settled on a jersey inspired by  the first throwback in MLB, worn in 1990, throwing back to 1917. It was also inspired by the "Field of Dreams" uniform the team wore in 2021.

3tWxvxK.png

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Chicago White Sox)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Cincinnati Reds)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Cleveland Guardians)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Colorado Rockies)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Detroit Tigers)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Houston Astros)