MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II

MJD7

On 3/12/2024 at 11:10 AM, MJD7 said:

Miami Marlins

This jersey is based on the Triple-A Miami Marlins that existed from 1956-1960. Pairing the design with the modern colors personally reminds me a bit of the Miami Art Deco District.

VbrPHFy.png

I adore that sleeve logo! Was that something the old minor league team used or did you make it? It's head and shoulders ahead of anything the modern franchise has done and, honestly, better than any iteration of the dolphin either.

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

I adore that sleeve logo! Was that something the old minor league team used or did you make it? It's head and shoulders ahead of anything the modern franchise has done and, honestly, better than any iteration of the dolphin either.

Thanks! To answer your question: yes! It is a logo the Minor League team used, and the team threw back to in 2013, but I had to recreate it digitally.

• Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (San Francisco Giants)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Seattle Mariners)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (St. Louis Cardinals)
23 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Seattle Mariners

This jersey is based on the design the Seattle Pilots wore for their one year of existence in 1969.

9Q44PP7.png

Sharpay Hsm GIF - Sharpay Hsm Want GIFs

Gonna have to rethink my Mariners idea a little bit now 😅

• LOL 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Tampa Bay Rays)
16 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Tampa Bay Rays

This design is inspired by two Tampa Minor League teams: the main design is inspired by the "Tampa Smokers" who existed from 1919-1954, and the patch is inspired by the Tampa Tarpons that existed from 1957-1988. Big thanks to @raysox for providing the font that I used!

5i42epK.png

Not entirely sold on the script, but the rest of the jersey is a beaut

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Texas Rangers)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Toronto Blue Jays)
7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Toronto Blue Jays

This jersey is inspired by the Toronto Maple Leafs: not the hockey team, but the Minor League team that existed from 1896-1967. The script was given to me by @Discrim, thank you for allowing me to use it!

GJWAhTn.png

Heh. The fact the minor league Leafs went out the SAME year as the hockey Leafs won their last Stanley Cup is insane. Other than that, great design as always.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlueMoon18 said:

Heh. The fact the minor league Leafs went out the SAME year as the hockey Leafs won their last Stanley Cup is insane. Other than that, great design as always.

Interesting! I did not know that.

14 hours ago, Discrim said:

Nice to see you put it to good use 👏🏾

Thanks again for letting me use it!

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Washington Nationals

I loved the throwback the Nats wore in 2019, which was the powder blue jersey the Expos wore for a decade, from their inception in 1969 until 1979, so I referenced that here.

PHVqf5Y.png

GOD that would make a good alternate for the current Nationals...could do something to save them from that horrific road uni that's throwing down the whole set.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Washington Nationals)

I hope you enjoyed this 2nd volume of the Cooperstown Collection! This was probably one of my favorite series I've done to date. 

I'll be around to post my changes to this year's City Connects as they release, and then after that, who knows...

Now let's enjoy Opening Day!

Q3OOUCO.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Applause 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II