MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II

MJD7

Kansas City Royals

The Royals have had pretty much the same uniforms for much of their history, so I once again went with some inspiration from the Kansas City Monarchs of the Negro Leagues, but this time with powder blue & royal.

9XVuW3F.png

• Like 7
  • Love 5

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Kansas City Royals)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Los Angeles Angels)
On 3/8/2024 at 1:33 PM, thebutkiker said:

Amazing! Also love the use of the space font for the number.  Would buy that in a heartbeat.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:57 PM, Victormrey said:

Amazing combination of eras and styles for the Angels! The result is just stunning 💯

Thank you both!

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Los Angeles Dodgers)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Miami Marlins)

Not gonna lie, I tried this Dodgers idea at least twice, and I'm not proud of either version even though that Brooklyn uniform is among my favorites.  I think this version works a bit better than either of mine, though...now a Mets fauxback version I made, I'm a lot more proud of.  Weirdly, the plaid uniforms the Giants wore at about the same time, I could actually make a San Francisco version look great, even choosing to use violet plaid like the 1916 Giants did (yeah, I later made a Mets version of that too, complete with violet).

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 hours ago, Discrim said:

Not gonna lie, I tried this Dodgers idea at least twice, and I'm not proud of either version even though that Brooklyn uniform is among my favorites.  I think this version works a bit better than either of mine, though...now a Mets fauxback version I made, I'm a lot more proud of.  Weirdly, the plaid uniforms the Giants wore at about the same time, I could actually make a San Francisco version look great, even choosing to use violet plaid like the 1916 Giants did (yeah, I later made a Mets version of that too, complete with violet).

Yeah, I really liked the design when I first did it, but I’ve kind of soured on it a bit since. Someone on Twitter said it looks like a “school maths book page” (i.e. graph paper), & now I can’t unsee it. You might be onto something with the Giants though…

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Milwaukee Brewers)
3 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

this series is making me want to take another swing at MLB designs. all very well done!

Do it! I’d love to see another MLB series from you.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Minnesota Twins)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (New York Mets)

New York Yankees

If there’d ever be a good reason for the Yanks to not wear their iconic home pinstripes, it’d be to honor the New York Black Yankees, specifically by wearing a design inspired by what they wore in 1935. I decided to pair it with the classic Yankees script.

klNP7zj.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Oakland Athletics)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Philadelphia Phillies)
2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Philadelphia Phillies

I went with a wordmark that dates back to at least 1888, and added the Phanatic on the sleeve for an added vintage feel.

UROMGpv.png

This would be the perfect uniform to have the Phillies' Fanatic spring training cap with:

spacer.png

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

22 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

This would be the perfect uniform to have the Phillies' Fanatic spring training cap with:

spacer.png

Agreed! Either that, or a simple block or Old English letter "P." I think the Phanatic would be a lot more fun though.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Cooperstown Collection Volume II (Pittsburgh Pirates)