2024 NHL Redesign (32/32 Jets) COMPLETE

johne9109

Seattle Kraken

I'm not the biggest fan of the Kraken's uniforms nor do I think they are terrible. I think a few subtle changes could make them some for the better uniforms in the league. First thing was to make some subtle changes to their color scheme. I love when teams in the same area share color schemes a la Pittsburgh; so I kept the main color but then the tertiary colors come from both the Seattle Mariners and Seattle Seahawks. I also slightly modified the logo. I think the S doesn't do it on it's own so I took the secondary logo and put it behind the S logo and then introduced a new secondary logo that features the space needle. The alt really leans into the Kraken moniker. The secondary logo becomes the focus with the Mariners teal becomes the main logo. It then used tentacles as the striping on the jersey and used the Kraken's blue on the bottom of the sleeves and jersey to emulate the watery depths. 

SEARDA

• Like 4
  • Love 2
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (24/32 Kraken Added)
2 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Seattle Kraken

I think a few subtle changes could make them some for the better uniforms in the league. First thing was to make some subtle changes to their color scheme.

It's clear at first glance you've changed the scheme and put the anchor behind the main crest,  the changes are not subtle and change the entire aura of the uniforms with the loss of the hot red accent color and the Mariners teal replacing the much lighter blue.  The new scheme is okay, but I don't think it works as well as what Seattle have in real life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's clear at first glance you've changed the scheme and put the anchor behind the main crest,  the changes are not subtle and change the entire aura of the uniforms with the loss of the hot red accent color and the Mariners teal replacing the much lighter blue.  The new scheme is okay, but I don't think it works as well as what Seattle have in real life.

When I say subtle I mean it as in it's not a complete overhaul. The red always felt out of place to me except for in the logo and I like when teams have that synergy. I can get it's not gonna be for everyone though

signature2

St Louis Blues

I like the two tone blue that the Blues implemented some years back now, but I also really like the powder blue that they use in throwbacks and Winter Classic uniforms. So I took the lighter shade of blue from their current set and the powder blue and put them together. The rest of the home and away is essentially the same. For the alt I brought back the dark blue for the main color and the St Louis Arch logo from a few years back. The striping mimics the St Louis flag

STLRDA

signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (25/32 Blues Added)

Tampa Bay Lightning

The biggest criticism against the Lightning is that their uniforms look like the Leafs. So to help combat I went with a darker shade of blue and then I brought in  yellow and light blue from the Tampa Bay Rays. I like how the light vibrant colors add to the Lightning moniker. For the alt, instead of going with a black base I did a very dark blue gradient to mimic a stormy night sky. I then added some lightning blot striping

TBLRDA

• Applause 1
  • WOAH 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (26/32 Lightning Added)
On 7/30/2024 at 8:05 AM, johne9109 said:

St Louis Blues

I like the two tone blue that the Blues implemented some years back now, but I also really like the powder blue that they use in throwbacks and Winter Classic uniforms. So I took the lighter shade of blue from their current set and the powder blue and put them together. The rest of the home and away is essentially the same. For the alt I brought back the dark blue for the main color and the St Louis Arch logo from a few years back. The striping mimics the St Louis flag

STLRDA

Dude as a Blues fan, I have thought about the switch to royal/powder instead of navy/royal forever. LOVE it. I have zero skills with making concepts so seeing this was great.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Dude as a Blues fan, I have thought about the switch to royal/powder instead of navy/royal forever. LOVE it. I have zero skills with making concepts so seeing this was great.

awesome! glad you liked it

signature2

On 7/31/2024 at 10:10 PM, johne9109 said:

Tampa Bay Lightning

The biggest criticism against the Lightning is that their uniforms look like the Leafs. So to help combat I went with a darker shade of blue and then I brought in  yellow and light blue from the Tampa Bay Rays. I like how the light vibrant colors add to the Lightning moniker. For the alt, instead of going with a black base I did a very dark blue gradient to mimic a stormy night sky. I then added some lightning blot striping

TBLRDA

Is it just me or does the blue of the home and away need a little more darkening? (Like the pants on the alt)

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Toronto Maple Leafs

The Leafs, much like the Bruins, have pretty much perfected their uniforms. So the only real change was I had the striping on the torso the same as the sleeves. I knew I wanted to use their previous logo and with it invoking the Maple Leaf on the Canadian flag I decided to complete pay homage to the flag with a red shoulder to sleeve stripe and then a white base. I know red isn't one of their colors, but they did briefly had red in their logo in 1945 and with it being an homage to their homeland I think it could work

TMLRDA

• Like 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (27/32 Maple Leafs Added)
22 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Is it just me or does the blue of the home and away need a little more darkening? (Like the pants on the alt)

While I won't say that it doesn't work, because it does, it's just a little too bland for my personal taste

TBLRD1 TBLRD2

• Love 1
signature2

Utah Hockey Club

I get that they don't have an identity ready because of the short turnaround, but they easily could've come up with something better than they did. I think a some of that is dur to the owner not having a taste in uniform design at all; I mean look at what he did with the Jazz. First thing was to make the powder blue the main color over black.  Instead of the Rangers knockoff I decided to employ the roundel logo that they have come out with. I then used striping a la the Habs or the Panthers and added a shoulder yoke. For the alt I essentially brought over what they will be wearing but made the torso striping match the sleeves

UTARDAa

But thats not all.....

Utah Yeti

Out of the remaining names for Utah I like Yeti the best. So I made a set of uniforms for that moniker as well, I changed the color scheme to be similar to the Utah Jazz's new uniforms. It's such a beautiful color scheme and something not seen in the NHL. The home keeps powder blue as the main color with purple as the secondary color. Black is kept in the color scheme, but as a minor tertiary color. The away is a simple color swap as normal. The alt is based on the Jazz's new association edition. I know it's not common for an NHL team to link to their sister team this directly, but it's a really cool look for a hockey uniform IMO

UTARDAb

• Like 3
  • Love 2
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (28/32 Utah Hockey Club/Yeti Added)

Vancouver Canucks

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Johnny Canuck as a logo. To me it better symbolizes the team name better than anything they've had. So I took their RR 2.0 and used their modern colors and then made an away to go with it. For the alt I took the skate uniform and changed it into their current colors. I originally tried it with green as the main color, but it didn't work right and looked too much like a Whalers uniform so I stuck with blue

VANRDA

• Like 3
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (29/32 Cancuks)
On 7/2/2024 at 5:12 PM, johne9109 said:

Carolina Hurricanes

From what we've seen the Canes aren't employing any changes and are going to carry over their modge podge of jerseys. I do think with the logos they sent out to fans they are looking at a total rebrand, but not just yet. So I took one of those logos (the one I though was the best of the bunch and will probably be retooled) and used that to replace any of the current logos/wordmarks. I really like the negative space being employed with this logo as it feels like a nod to their days as the Whalers. I also dropped red as the main color and went with a gray as it feels more in like with the Hurricane name. for the striping I brought back the warning flag striping; something they never should've dropped. Normally for the alternate I would do a Whalers jersey, but I wanted to do something distinctly Carolina with the intent that a Whalers heritage would still be worn. The alternate takes one of the wordmarks that was included with the potential logos and puts that front and center. Normally I don't like wordmarks except for the Rangers, but Carolina seems intent on using some sort of wordmark jersey so here it is. Black becomes the main color for the alternate with gray and red becoming tertiary colors. 

CARRDa

This is definitely more interesting than their current set. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Vancouver Canucks

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Johnny Canuck as a logo. To me it better symbolizes the team name better than anything they've had. So I took their RR 2.0 and used their modern colors and then made an away to go with it. For the alt I took the skate uniform and changed it into their current colors. I originally tried it with green as the main color, but it didn't work right and looked too much like a Whalers uniform so I stuck with blue

VANRDA

The shades of blue and green used don't look pleasant without white separating them, the home looks okay, but the road looks nasty with the green and blue touching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The shades of blue and green used don't look pleasant without white separating them, the home looks okay, but the road looks nasty with the green and blue touching. 

I can see that I think part of it is the effects on the template itself. When I take the effects off I don't think it looks as bad. The other solution is to make it like the original WHL Canucks completely and have space between the striping and the cuff at the bottom. I don't personally care for this look but it solves that problem

VANRD2 copy VANRD2

• Like 1
signature2

Vegas Golden Knights

I really like their gold uniforms. If they are going to be called the GOLDEN Knights then they need to wear gold.  A common motif that I have been seeing in concepts for VGK is the castle motif and I LOVE it. So I took my own stab at it. Similar to the Kraken I removed red almost completely from their color scheme. It is still in their secondary logo, because it makes sense there, but otherwise it is pretty much gone from their home and away. I also went with gray as the secondary color and black as a tertiary color. To me it feels more unique that way. For the alt I pretty much just went with their RR 2.0. It was a great look that embodied Vegas without being too cheesy like having cards or dice on it. The biggest change is that I kept the number font as I felt the numbers they used walked that fine line of unique and goofy

VGKRDA

• Like 2
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (30/32 Golden Knights)

Washington Capitals

So I think that the Caps are in a desperate need of a redesign; their current look was a great update of their original look when it was unveiled back in 2007, but it's outdated now. So for this set I actually started with the away. I employed some striping that invoked the stripes on the American flag and then went with a blue shoulder yoke. I made the Weagle the main crest; dropping the wordmark and then brought back the Capital Building logo from their 97 black alt and recolored it for the secondary logo. From there I created the home by changing the base color to red. Instead of swapping the colors of the stripes around I left it as is and created a look of there being just 2 white stripes and 1 red stripe. For the alternate I used blue as the main color and used the Capital Building logo as the main logo. For the striping I took the striping I took the striping that was on the original 97 version and recolored it and straightened it out so it wasn't angled on the sleeves

WSHRDA

• Like 2
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (31/32 Capitals)

Winnipeg Jets

I like many other people would love to see the Jets go with their heritage uniforms full time. I would like to see them update the logo and that's what I did here. There are some slight alterations in the uniform, like there being a shoulder yoke on the home but they are left mostly unchanged just with a new logo. For the alternate I took the RCAF uniform they introduced this year and fixed up the striping near the shoulders. I get they were being true to the original jerseys and I liked them, but that was one of the biggest complaints. So I moved that striping to the shoulder area completely and left the rest mostly unchanged. 

WPGRDA

That's the series! I hope you enjoyed and am always welcome to C&C. Thanks!

• Like 1
signature2

• johne9109 changed the title to 2024 NHL Redesign (32/32 Jets) COMPLETE