2024-25 College Basketball Changes

WSU151

Been seeing some new college basketball releases the last week or so...

For Kansas...the circus font is back full time!

Texas Tech

Mizzou going with a classic look (and one of my favorites as a young kid, with the M-Paw logo back and all, thought the number with the drop shadow is arbitrary):

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Iowa State with a fantastic new gold/yellow alternate with the classic Cyclones wordmark (it's also on the shorts instead of the old cyclone logo but it's still a good alternate)

UAB

Kansas State

https://youtu.be/fMYim9fP6Gg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Those Mizzou uniforms look very cheap in a way that the classics they're supposed to be throwing back to do not.

Louisville looks terrible now with the increased emphasis on black rather than red. The wordmark is unreadable. The number isn't much better.

It appears Miami's phased out the old custom font from 2000 for a new one that's too similar to Virginia and VT's.

Kansas missed a chance to update the Circus font so it'd look less like something taken directly from a free font site. For some reason, the numbers are double-outlined now while the wordmark is still single-outlined, which looks bad. They also still haven't fixed the waistband stripes.

• Like 3
  • Eyeroll 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

Absolutely hate how Adidas and UA breaking up their collar trim to have a giant maker’s mark front and center on their jerseys has become the norm.

I think it's a reaction to how many patches end up on the front of college basketball jerseys these days. Conference logos, the American flag, the NCAA logo, memorial patches (when needed), etc. Moving the manufacturer's logo to the collar helps sort out some of that clutter.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

16 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Those Mizzou uniforms look very cheap in a way that the classics they're supposed to be throwing back to do not.

Louisville looks terrible now with the increased emphasis on black rather than red. The wordmark is unreadable. The number isn't much better.

It appears Miami's phased out the old custom font from 2000 for a new one that's too similar to Virginia and VT's.

Kansas missed a chance to update the Circus font so it'd look less like something taken directly from a free font site. For some reason, the numbers are double-outlined now while the wordmark is still single-outlined, which looks bad. They also still haven't fixed the waistband stripes.

I agree about Mizzou - the classics had a larger, bolder font and oddly looked okay with the off-set number on the left of the torso. 

The font Kansas is using this year looks just like the Paul Pierce era unless I'm missing something. The Danny Manning era font was probably better. 

10 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

What is that "Canes" font? I've never seen them use that. I don't think.

If you look at the Twitter accounts for their sports, they're using it all over the place. It appears to be custom. Seems like basketball is the first sport to actually use it on the uniforms.

There's also a thinner weight of the font that they're using for the NOBs. It's too wide - they should have designed a condensed version for this purpose.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png