McKeon got pretty mad the other day....

marlinfan

I'll quote the part of the story from the Miami Herald.

While tears were shed and hugs were shared, Marlins manager Jack McKeon was incensed, saying afterward he is glad baseball finally pulled the plug on the moribund franchise. McKeon became so angry when many fans booed The Star Spangled Banner that he though briefly of showing displeasure by ordering his players off the field when the Canadian anthem was played.

"That was an embarrassment," McKeon said. "If that's the way they're going to treat American citizens, I'll never come back here again. Our country had nothing to do with their problems. I would be embarrassed as a Canadian citizen. That was insulting. I came close to pulling our players off the field."       

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

1997 | 2003

He has an attitude

yeah but he has never while in florida criticized a player or fan. when he says something like that you know it really bothered him.

i've seen GUILLERMO MOTA a premier set up man in baseball give up 6 runs in an inning and the man says nothing to the press.

1997 | 2003

Wow, what an incredibly stupid and ignorant quote Jack.

The first 5 seconds of the american anthem was booed (by those few loud fans that pop up every now and then, on both sides of the border), the remainder of the american anthem was cheered very loudly by the 30,000 other fans... why isn't that included in his quote?

I know Jack McKeon is old, but damn that's just a stupid thing to say.

I would be embarrased to be a Florida Marlin right now after hearing that.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Chris, stop it. Admit that the booing of the anthem was wrong.

When the Islanders fans booed the candian anthem, you were all over them. Now canadians boo the Star-Spangled Banner, and you're saying that Jack McKeon was wrong.

Sorry man, i love ya, but you're looking at this situation with a slight skew.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

When the Islanders fans booed the candian anthem, you were all over them. Now canadians boo the Star-Spangled Banner, and you're saying that Jack McKeon was wrong.

John, you and Jack seem to ignore the biggest point.

The first 5 seconds of the anthem was booed by a clear minority, yes that's stupid.

The ENTIRE REMAINDER OF THE ANTHEM WAS CHEERED MASSIVELY... you couldn't even hear the singer!

That did not happen in Uniondale.

There is no debate here John.

---

Chris Creamer

John, you and Jack seem to ignore the biggest point.

The first 5 seconds of the anthem was booed by a clear minority, yes that's stupid.

The ENTIRE REMAINDER OF THE ANTHEM WAS CHEERED MASSIVELY... you couldn't even hear the singer!

That did not happen in Uniondale.

There is no debate here John.

way to go chris

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I tell ya, the biggest mistake that my favorite team the reds made in the past decade was firing Jack Mckeon, things would be alot different for them if he was still around.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I tell ya, the biggest mistake that my favorite team the reds made in the past decade was firing Jack Mckeon, things would be alot different for them if he was still around.

They'd be in 6th instead?

Either that or he'd pull his team off the field every time the crowd boos ;)

---

Chris Creamer

I would be embarrassed to be a Canadian baseball fan, period.

Why? Question mark.

We cheered your anthem, what do you want us to do? Beat up the few that booed?

I read the Miami Herald, and the Sun-Sentinal articles about the incident, both of them made it sound like the entire stadium booed loudly throughout the anthem.

I'm sorry your newspapers lied to you.

---

Chris Creamer

Why? Question mark.

I read the Miami Herald, and the Sun-Sentinal articles about the incident, both of them made it sound like the entire stadium booed loudly throughout the anthem.

i watched the game AND recorded it on tape. the anthem was booed and then cheered with the cheers having a majority. and yes those two newspapers do LOVE making baseball in general and the marlins look bad for the benefit of wayne huzienga and the dolphins. but that is another story. and i repeatedly posted on another site that i gave thanks to those who drowned out the boos.

1997 | 2003

Why? Question mark.

i watched the game AND recorded it on tape. the anthem was booed and then cheered with the cheers having a majority. and yes those two newspapers do LOVE making baseball in general and the marlins look bad for the benefit of wayne huzienga and the dolphins. but that is another story. and i repeatedly posted on another site that i gave thanks to those who drowned out the boos.

alright, so we're all square :)

---

Chris Creamer

Archived