adidas signs 10-Year deal with MLS

MJWalker45

Starting next season, adidas is the sole provider of team uniforms, equipment, etc. They have signed a 10 year deal, though no other details were announced. I picked this up from Fox Sports report out of Canada. Apparently adidas decided to take a page from Reebok and buy itself some face time for it's products. Let's just hope they put out more than two designs for the whole league. Here's a list of pro leagues that have single uniform outfitters. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on having one company design all the uniforms. The current equipment contracts for MLS end this summer so adidas won't have to buy out any contracts.

NFL Reebok

NBA Reebok

MLS adidas

AFL Nike (I believe New Orleans and Philadelphia are exempt)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Starting next season, adidas is the sole provider of team uniforms, equipment, etc. They have signed a 10 year deal, though no other details were announced. I picked this up from Fox Sports report out of Canada. Apparently adidas decided to take a page from Reebok and buy itself some face time for it's products. Let's just hope they put out more than two designs for the whole league. Here's a list of pro leagues that have single uniform outfitters. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on having one company design all the uniforms. The current equipment contracts for MLS end this summer so adidas won't have to buy out any contracts.

NFL Reebok

NBA Reebok

MLS adidas

AFL Nike (I believe New Orleans and Philadelphia are exempt)

You are correct. However, you need to add MLB to that list. Beginning next season, all teams will be wearing Majestic products. On the AFL list, you can also add the Dallas Desperados. They used their exemption on Freebok as well.

dodgers-1.png

knowing adidas, and also knowing that the number font for all teams is the same a la the premiership, this is gonna look rec league. :mad:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

knowing adidas, and also knowing that the number font for all teams is the same a la the premiership, this is gonna look rec league. :mad:

I think the fonts used in the Premiership are mandated by the Premiership, not by adidas. There are numerous uniform makers for Premiership clubs, all of which use the font you describe. When those clubs play in Europe, they use different fonts -- altho from what I can tell each manufacturer uses the same font for each team it outfits.

Whether there will be a single font for the entire MLS is up for debate, but I'm sure the league itself will have a substantial say in the matter.

There already are standard fonts used for both leagues. The Premiership uses Optima, MLS uses Frutiger. Teams in both leagues have different manufacturers for their uniforms, but use the same font throughout the league.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I just want to see at least 5 different uniform designs, rather than looking like NFL Europe or NDBL. I like that all the numbers are the same. It was rather hard to figure out Tampa Bay's numbers at times.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived