ALCS

JQK

the twins are the team i cheer for after the jays. so im extremely pissed at the fact that the yankees seem to own the twins in the post season. that said, congrats to the yankees. they won fair and square. as for the sox-yanks series, im excited. its like the nhl eastern conference finals being leafs-habs. nothing like a good old rivalry when it counts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully the Yankees will be struck by the Curse of the BamBOONEy!

What in the Sam-MutherFuxking-HELL are you even saying? That makes no sense. At all. None. Whatsoever. Not even a little bit.

Stop it. Now.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This thread hilariously highlights the self-loathing, love-hate relationship that goes on in Minnesota with its Sports Franchises.

We love them with a sence of knowing they are going to fail, like a parent who loans money to their 30 year old son who lives in the basement for a get rich quick scheme. You know, like the lottery, theres a chance, but deep down you understand your probably just going to end up feeling alienated and cheated. So you feign interest, get excited when a couple good returns come in, then get a bad shower of reality once things set in.

But, im bitter but its the yankees. They got those ghosts, or just the collective will of a couple million people in NY expecting greatness. Whatever, it generally leaves our twinks looking like a team 1/3 the talent.

It sucks, you want to hate the Yankees, but you have to give it to them, its generally NOT derek Jeter who makes that memorable play in those tough games. Sure Reggie hit 3 in a game that was reasonably close, jeters relay was amazing in oakland, but its the bucky dents, the aaron boones, the ruben sierras, that end up hurting people in the playoffs.

But dont get me wrong, im now on the boston bandwagon. Gimmie a reverse the curse shirt and a negative attitude....wait got the last one. We practice it well in MN

Well said Taj.

I often wonder whether 1987 and 1991 were just dreams I had. But then I look at the newspapers from those days -- which I've collected and intend to frame -- and I remember it really did happen.

Still, it seems weird to actually have witnessed championships. Even weirder, they often seem overshadowed, by me anyway, by such collosal failures like the 1998 Vikings in the NFC Championship game.

What in the Sam-MutherFuxking-HELL are you even saying? That makes no sense. At all. None. Whatsoever. Not even a little bit.

Stop it. Now.

Boone gets them to the finals last year and hurts his knee and gets cut. Hopefully he put a curse on the Yankees. :D

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Stop it. Now.

Boone gets them to the finals last year and hurts his knee and gets cut. Hopefully he put a curse on the Yankees. :D

Except Boone is not Babe Ruth. The Aaron Boone trade was a huge mistake last year, They traded their top pitching prospect for a guy who did nothing and then got hurt in a panic move. Anyone would have hit that fat pitch out.

I've been in New England the last two years and, compared to the Midwest, it is bigger on Baseball and college hoops and not as big on football. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of excited people about the Pats, but go to the Bars and ask people how that compares in importance to a World Series championship and most would say it is not even close.

True, I've heard that argument several times. As for myself, I don't know. I've never been there. It seems that the Red Sox are the most popular team in Boston, but I was judging by how I would feel, myself.

If the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, I'd quit feeling depressed about the Royals. If the Royals won the Series, I'd quit feeling angry at the Chiefs.

New Englanders on this board, how do you feel? Do the Pats make up for the Sox?

I think the only way the Pats can make up for the Red Sox is with 25+ Super Bowls. ^_^

I dunno, actually. Haven't been to New England since I was 7 and lived there so I wouldn't know. I wouldn't think the Patriots would be able to make up for the Red Sox, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Patriots' success helps, but all the Super Bowls in the world won't replace a Boston World Series title.

And, as much as Yankee fans like to think otherwise, Boston will win one sooner or later. (I know, Yankee fans, you prefer it later. Much later. :mad: )

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

You know the more I think about it the Red Sox would be better off not winning the world series. Right now they are being marketed as the anti-yankees, the team that is always there (even though they are not, they've only made the playoffs twice in the last 5 years). If they win the World Series all of that is gone, and while they might get a short term boost they will lose a lot of the following from people outside of Boston and New England. They won't have that draw of being the cursed team that keeps trying to defeat the Yankees but can't.

I'm not saying they are going to try to lose, because they are not. And I'm not saying the owners are not trying to wo win a world series because they are. However, the more I think about the Red Sox are better off not winning the world series.

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. They would be much better off winning a world series. The few fans that forgot the team because they always blow it will come back and the international Red Sox fans will still like the Sox because they are still the bunch of funny, cool, bunch of idiots that alot of people are drawn to. Not stuck up losers like the Yanks. For the players, managers, and owners they will be looked at has Gods here in New England. Believe me all of New England wants this. (Except for most of conn. Bunch of no good traitors)

I wasn't talking about New England, I'm talking about all the people outside of NE that jumped on the sox bandwagon because they are the Anti-Yankees (even though they are just like the Yankees, but haven't won). The sox win they lose that appeal to the fans outside of New England.

Again, I don't think they are not trying to win the WS because they are.

Ok so you are saying people who hate the Yankees and want to see the Red Sox win will change their mind because they won. :blink: People who hate they Yankees, hate the Yankees. There are lots of them out there. What I thought about was the people who would like to see them win just to see them win. Because they havn't in a little while. If you are then that is ok because those guys don't buy Hats or Jerseys or even shirts. Why are you saying they are just like the Yankees? They are nothing like the Yankees. You ever see the Red Sox? The Yankees are a bunch of nicely trimed shaved rich guys. The Sox are not. Which defintly gives them alot of appeal. The Red Sox are dirty have weird hair not shaven and are "Just a bunch of idiots playing baseball." The Red sox are defintely a team that many people can relate too and like. winning a world series will not hurt them in any way.

Ok so you are saying people who hate the Yankees and want to see the Red Sox win will change their mind because they won. :blink: People who hate they Yankees, hate the Yankees. There are lots of them out there. What I thought about was the people who would like to see them win just to see them win. Because they havn't in a little while. If you are then that is ok because those guys don't buy Hats or Jerseys or even shirts. Why are you saying they are just like the Yankees? They are nothing like the Yankees. You ever see the Red Sox? The Yankees are a bunch of nicely trimed shaved rich guys. The Sox are not. Which defintly gives them alot of appeal. The Red Sox are dirty have weird hair not shaven and are "Just a bunch of idiots playing baseball." The Red sox are defintely a team that many people can relate too and like. winning a world series will not hurt them in any way.

There just like the Yankees because the owners are willing to spend money to try to make the team better. The Sox and Yankees are constantly in bidding wars for players. So I laugh when someone says they hate the yankees vbecause of the money they spend so they are going to root for the Red Sox, when the Red Sox do the same things the Yankees do.

As for the others stuff, it's just a thought. I don't know what would happen.

Tell me this again when the Yankees ink Carlos Beltran to a high-eight-figure contract.

And for the record, the last bidding war between the two teams was for Jose Contreras. How'd that one turn out?

(And don't throw A-Rod as a response. That was a trade.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Red sox just started spending money when Theo got in there. It works I guess. The Yankees still have alot of money spent on the sox. Sometime after all these years of losing you have to do something. If they have to be like the Yankees than so be it. They need a world series title.

Archived