04-05 NCAA College Basketball Thread

Breakwood

I was thinking we could have one thread for general discussion of the upcomming College Basketball Season.

The Preseason AP polls were released today and my Demon Deacons are #2. Im hoping for a big season from Chris Paul and Taron Downey, plus some good front court play from Eric Williams.

AP Poll News Story

1 Kansas

2 Wake Forest

3 Georgia Tech

4 North Carolina

5 Illinois

6 Syracuse

7 Oklahoma State

8 Connecticut

9 Kentucky

10 Arizona

11 Duke

12 Mississippi State

13 Michigan State

14 Louisville

15 Maryland

16 Texas

17 Pittsburgh

18 Alabama

19 North Carolina State

20 Notre Dame

21 Wisconsin

22 Washington

23 Florida

24 Memphis

25 Gonzaga

1zqy8ok.gif

A non-basketball state has 2 in the top 25. Should be a great game when Washington and Gonzaga meet. I will be rooting for the Bulldogs, of course. No love at all for the purple and gold.

Any time I've heard any college basketball coaches, analysts, or whatever have to make a prediction as to who they think is going to win the National Championship -- everybody that I've heard so far has said it will be Wake Forest. Actually, I should correct that -- I heard somebody say that North Carolina will win it.

Those are actually the two teams I feel are the best in the Nation. Of course, I think my UConn Huskies have enough talent to make some noise again this year.

And then, it will, once again, be UConn taking home the hardware for women's NCAA Championship. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

And then, it will, once again, be UConn taking home the hardware for women's NCAA Championship. ^_^

I want to thank UCONN for giving me Sue Bird to look at the past couple of WNBA seasons.

A non-basketball state has 2 in the top 25. Should be a great game when Washington and Gonzaga meet. I will be rooting for the Bulldogs, of course. No love at all for the purple and gold.

Is this the first time that Washington has two in the top 25.Even as A Husky Fan, I didnt see last year happening. Bow Down To Washington!

felix5ix8na.png

Is this the first time that Washington has two in the top 25.Even as A Husky Fan, I didnt see last year happening. Bow Down To Washington!

*Husky joke edited* :D

The best class in the history of the University of Kansas will be cutting down the nets in St. Louis, and make their case as the best class in the history of college basketball. (Minus UCLA of course) *avoids thrown objects*

Seriously, this is not another KU team that will be #1 wire-to-wire and lose in the 3rd round. Bill Self has a deep bench, and unlike Roy's teams, this will be one that will be able to finish the job. The 'Hawks have a deep bench, and the Freshmen this year are amazing. There doesn't seem to be that big of a dropoff between the first and second teams on the squad. Sure, they may fall to a G-Tech, an OSU or a Mizzou at some point, but the fact is, when it comes down to crunch time, you can't beat the experience Simien, Langford, and Miles have. (Boy, this Kool-Aid they gave out at Late Night sure is good! :P )

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

The best class in the history of the University of Kansas will be cutting down the nets in St. Louis, and make their case as the best class in the history of college basketball. (Minus UCLA of course) *avoids thrown objects*

Seriously, this is not another KU team that will be #1 wire-to-wire and lose in the 3rd round. Bill Self has a deep bench, and unlike Roy's teams, this will be one that will be able to finish the job. The 'Hawks have a deep bench, and the Freshmen this year are amazing. There doesn't seem to be that big of a dropoff between the first and second teams on the squad. Sure, they may fall to a G-Tech, an OSU or a Mizzou at some point, but the fact is, when it comes down to crunch time, you can't beat the experience Simien, Langford, and Miles have. (Boy, this Kool-Aid they gave out at Late Night sure is good! :P )

Well at least no one can accuse you of being a hom...oh.

I'd watch out for those Longhorns though. They bear some attention.

I hate to sound like an obnoxious Philly Fan, but I gotta stick up for my Dawgs. This is gonna be a real fun year with NATE THE GREAT ROBINSON, hopefully we can get a few years worth of momentum and turn around the basketball program for good, A oppitunity that we wasted 8 years ago with Bob Bender. That being said, I LOVE the Bulldogs, so much that it hurt more last March when the Bulldogs lost then when the UofW lost. I wish them the best this year allthough it seems that it might be a struggle for them this year and I hope that we meet again in March.

felix5ix8na.png

Mindless KU propoganda

Well at least no one can accuse you of being a hom...oh.

I'd watch out for those Longhorns though. They bear some attention.

Oops, forgot about them. They'll be another to look out for. I'd say 14-2 in conference, with either Georgia Tech and possibly Kentucky being their only non-conference losses.

And I will be rooting against the Zags, seeing as how they're the New York Yankees of the West Coast Conference, and only a fluke tourney win will allow another team to win the automatic bid (see 2003 WCC tourney-San Diego defeating Gonzaga).

VmWIn6B.png

And I will be rooting against the Zags, seeing as how they're the New York Yankees of the West Coast Conference, and only a fluke tourney win will allow another team to win the automatic bid (see 2003 WCC tourney-San Diego defeating Gonzaga).

I fail to see how a team that recruits well and plays hard is equivalent to a team that buys it's best players. :D

Actually as a former SoCal boy, I loved seeing San Diego win that game. But you're right. It was an anomaly and we probably won't see it again for a while.

One more homer complaint, then I'm done. How come KU is number 1 in both polls to start the season (albeit, not by a lot) but very few people are actually picking them to win it all? Dammit, I'm turning into a Yankee fan :puke: I'm gonna go crawl into a hole and die now.

One more homer complaint, then I'm done. How come KU is number 1 in both polls to start the season (albeit, not by a lot) but very few people are actually picking them to win it all? Dammit, I'm turning into a Yankee fan :puke: I'm gonna go crawl into a hole and die now.

*thinking out loud* Looking at the top 25, I think people figure with the quality of most of the ACC, those teams will only get better playing each other. That's not to knock the XII, especially Texas, but when you play 10-12 games against high caliber opponents and win, that's going to improve your team more than picking off everyone but a couple teams would

Archived