NCAA Basketball Third Color Jerseys

tohasbo

Temple has three sets: white, cherry, and black. I see them use black a lot more than I see them use cherry, when the other team wears white.

Saint Joseph's has the same basic color scheme. Just replace cherry with crimson. Last season, their home set was actually a very very light gray, replaced with a white set come NCAA tournament time. They also had a crimson set, with black numbers and letters (which they're wearing tonight against Kansas). Lastly, there was the alternate black uniform, which was basically the reverse of the crimson set.

i'd suspected that about St. Joe's. i was thinkin there was no way those unis were white.

ctk-i just noticed about L'ville. new stylin there...i recall the set that had the old english L on the Louisville wordmark had a black alternate, i thought last year's set also had one.

Dilbert-yep you'd be correct, i went to HS with ex-Bearcat Taron Barker and I recall they had red jerseys at the time (both the old set with 4 rectangles on each side and the current version)...i know Cincy's worn em for home games from time to time.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

we have always had a black uni since pitino has been here. i am told that louisville had a black when coach crum was around, however i'm too young to have seen them. i am told that they only wore them once or twice and got beat every time.

fyi, that big olde-english style "L" was too big for ncaa uniform standards. no penalty was assessed but they had to change it for the next season, hence continuing the pitino tradition of a new uniform for a new season.

@geoff

considering your avatar and signature line, what do you suspect the greys will look like?

red letters and numbers out linded in black some white trim. I hope they look good. Silver jerseys have a lot of potential to turn out completely horrid.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived