Northern Kentucky Norsemen

creativelysain

I haven't posted any concepts here in a while, due to a new job, and getting married, and I haven't really had time to create anything new. But, thanks to AAO's great baseball concepts, I have been inspired and it really got my creative juices flowing. So, here is my first concept of 2005:

The Northern Kentucky Norsemen:

norsemen.png

Any comments or critiques is appreciated.

Thanks.

It's a solid concept...but how many vikings settled in Covington, really?

Nice work though, seriously, I dig it.

if you go to covington, you find some weird people man......

Been there. It's Cincy's ghetto. Some decent tittie bars, though.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Nice job dude. But, I'm not feelin the colors much, and the perspective on the wordmark looks kind of odd to me. It definetely has potential and room for improvement (like much of my work). I think the ships' sails could do without the NK in them as well as the black stripes, but some other type of slight detailing.

By the way, i LOVE the creativelysain logo.

ok you know you misspelled "kentucky" in the primary logo, right?

and i also have a little trouble with the association between "kentucky" and "norsemen"!

those criticisms aside, i feel it needs one more-vibrant color. pale yellow and light brown don't do it for me. red, maybe? orange?

the secondary is also odd ... looks like a bearded viking with his helmet pulled down over his eyes.

Looks pretty good so far, I think it needs a few minor modifications. Here's my list..........

1) Shadows, shadows, shadows......I'm not seeing any shadows on this logo except on the right side of the boat.

What are your thoughts on this?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I can't believe I didn't notice the "kentcuky." I guess sometimes you need other people to point out your screw ups after you've been looking at it for a while. And Northern Kentucky is a real college, and yellow and black are their real colors, I just wanted to pick a school with an interesting mascot, and Norsemen seemen pretty different. The secondary logo is supposed to be a wooden shield (hence the alternating tan) it's just an odd shield...with...horns on it. Yeah the perspective of the wordmark is strange, I just didn't want it staring straight at the viewer, and I have some serious problems with wordmarks to begin with, so, there you have it.

Anyways thanks, I'll fix the grammatical error now :wacko:

I thought NKUs nickname was simply Norse? I dont think they are the Norsemen.

Other than that I love it! In fact Im planning on attending that university when I graduate from high school in 2006! Great Work!

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived