New UCLA football helmet?

puckcool22

It used to be Gloss Columbia Blue, but now is Metallic Columbia Blue.

It doesn't really jump out at you. There are different sizes and densities that are used for Metallic and Pearl helmets. The finer grades don't "sparkle" as much, especially if not under very bright sunlight or stadium lights.

Other than UNC, a couple of other examples of helmets that are often hard to tell that they are Metallic or Pearl, except under brighter lighting conditions or up-close, are the Green Bay Packers and Miami Dolphins.

Ohio State on the other hand, uses a large and dense metal flake in their helmet (Riddell calls it "Extreme") and it is much easier to see its Metallic sparkle- even in lower light conditions.

And yep, Utah is either a Pearl or Metallic. In addition to this, it is also a different "shade" of Red than used in the Gloss Red that KC uses.

Ahh... my bad. Well, the UCLA helmet looks noticably different than the UNC helmet. It's a more noticable metallic, and aside from that, I think it was actually a little bit darker of a shade of blue than UNC's.

IUe6Hvh.png

Looking at the helmet in the game today, I liked it. If you noticed, the helmet had two differemt decals on it. My thinking is that they did this to see how it would look on television and which decal looked better. Personally, I likeed the one without the outline.

dodgers-1.png

Archived