Madden cfl project begun

Phil

I started my Madden CFL project today. When complete, I will have a league in Madden with all 9 current CFL teams plus 9 fictional teams to make up a full Madden compliment of teams. I will list them all below, SHB-style :;):, and also post the new ones in this thread as replies. Credits, etc, as well as the original location of the logos are on my site on the fantasy page.

Brandon Bulls:

Primary Logo

Chicoutimi Dragons

*somewhat inspired by the greatest dragon to have ever lived (if you call appearing in an online flash animation-cartoon 'living')*

Primary Logo

Halifax Schooners

*note: some of you may recognize the primary logo. it was originally created for Chris Creamer for one of his video game sports leagues, and now will appear in an updated form in Madden.*

Primary Logo

Secondary Logo

Wordmark

Lake Superior Thunder

Lake Superior Thunder Logo

London Fire

London Fire Logo

Explorateurs de Quebec

Explorateurs de Quebec Logo

Explorateurs de Quebec Secondary

St. John's Pirates

Primary Logo

Wordmark

Tell me whatcha think. It may take me a while to get them all done, but having already created the Blue Bombers, I know basically how to do everything, it's just a matter of doing it.

Comments, suggestions, criticisms, questions?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, they are all 100% original.

...and I didn't add the beefy arm coming out of the back of his neck 'cause I wanted to keep it somewhat serious.

And like Coach Z, I also didn't use consummate Vs. I wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit me in the face.  :D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

...and in a strange twist of events, the Halifax Schooners have traded their team colours to the new franchise in Quebec for a player to be named later.

"We felt that as an expansion team with fans who have not yet had a chance to connect with the colours, that it would be much more beneficial to our team to improve on the field," said Schooners' owner Anti Gonish ("it's svedish" explains Gonish).

The Schooners new colours are teal ("greener than the SJ Sharks") and black, while the new Explorateurs de Quebec assumed Halifax's old hues of navy and bronze. You can review Halifax's complete identity at the links above, and below you will find the Explorateurs (literally translated "bat spleens"... j/k... I'm a Dave Barry fan... it really translates to "Explorers", as Quebec was one of the first major settlements in what is now Canada, founded by famous explorer Samuel de Champlain).

Explorateurs de Quebec Logo

Explorateurs de Quebec Secondary

...and in another odd twist of events, the parents of the creator of the Schooners' and Explorateurs' logos were planning to sail on the most famous schooner ever to appear on the Canadian dime.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Bubs: Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...Check it out...

A nice opportunity to BUMP, seeing as editing my last post didn't pop it up to the top.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Excellent work...Halifax and Quebec are especially impressive!  Very professional looking, well thought-out, and most importantly....they look great!

Any chance of some new franchises coming out west?  I hear Victoria wants a team

If you've noticed, I'm moving slowly from East to West. There will eventually be franchises in Brandon MB, Saskatoon SK, and, yes, Victoria.

I have names for these teams, but if you have any suggestions, I'm willing to listen. By the way, since Regina uses their province's name, and since Saskatchewan sounds a lot like Saskatoon, I optioned to use North Prairie as the place name instead. In your suggestions, I'd accept either one (Saskatoon, North Prairie, or something like that).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived