Wolves fire Flip Saunders

Joshawaggie

espn.com

Wolves Fire Saunders

Underwhelmed by a 25-26 start, Minnesota fired coach Flip Saunders Saturday. Kevin McHale will take over the Timberwolves, who were expected to contend for the Western Conference title.

I think this is stupid. its not Flips fault. They need to get rid of Sprewell and Cassell.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

espn.com

Wolves Fire Saunders

Underwhelmed by a 25-26 start, Minnesota fired coach Flip Saunders Saturday. Kevin McHale will take over the Timberwolves, who were expected to contend for the Western Conference title.

I think this is stupid. its not Flips fault. They need to get rid of Sprewell and Cassell.

I don't think they should've fired him, but this is the NBA. Who DIDN'T see this coming? <_<

Yeah the coach is always the first to go getting rid of players with those contracts is always harder. Flip will get a job down the line again and maybe this will make the players look in the mirror I have not seen a team underacheive this bad in a long long time.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

they shoulda dumped Sprewell. just don't send him home (Milwaukee), I know I don't want him in a Bucks jersey. I'd feel sorry for his family though, $14 mil don't go as far as it used to <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is disappointing. Flip had become a part of Minnesota. He ranks up high on my personal list of all-time favorite coachs, right there with Tom Kelly, Bud Grant, and Ron Gardenhire.

I always thought he was just a damn good coach. I don't necessarily think the T-Wolves problems had to do with Flip. I'd agree that some player changes would have been the right remedy. Listening to NBA-relative Grandpas like Sprewell and Cassell squawk for more money while putting up sub-par performances isn't going to enhance team chemistry. Playing some second-half defense would.

But how much of a team's failure can be attributed to a coach? And that's a question for all sports. Sure, the coach is a primary motivator. But when your staff includes middle-aged primadonnas with boulders on their shoulders, how effective can any coach be?

Too often the coach is the fall guy. I think that's the case here.

EDIT: As an addendum, I just read Marc Stein's column on ESPN.com suggesting that the T-Wolves could join campaign for Phil Jackson -- a North Dakota native. Or, it says they could rescue one of the original expansion Wolves from Toronto: Sam Mitchell.

Archived