Sydney FC Uniform Concept

Avenger

I've loved the Sydney FC logo since I saw it a couple months ago, so I decided to mock it up... I don't know who will sponsor the team in real life, so I just used the A-League sponsor. Also, the white jersey would be their home jersey.

What do you guys think?

sydneyfc.gif

One of the few instances where a gradient actually improves the design. At least, it does it the crest.

I think the side panels overwhelm the design, it forces the logo and crest to be stuffed into a small area on each jersey. I don't like the gradient in the side panels, it's unnecessary and inconsistent, since it's only on the home kit.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

...it's unnecessary and inconsistent, since it's only on the home kit.

Truth be told, I haven't seen a lot of consistancy in many soccer uniforms, in terms of home to away.

I actually tried a white to light blue gradient on the away kit, but I didn't like it as much as the straight light blue.

I do see what you're talking about in terms of it squishing the graphics on the front, though. I'll have to open it up a touch.

I like the look, though it might be cool to use the same panels on the blue as the white, so that the dark blue blends into the light blue, like it does on the logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Fantastic - Love what you've done. How about the socks, any ideas?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Okay.... I've slimmed down the underarm design, implemented a gradient on the away shirt, and added a third kit. I've also included sock designs to coordinate with each strip. (Nice use of soccer uniform terminology, huh? ;))

What do you guys think? Improved?

I like everything but the lettering on the socks. Maybe if the text read vertically instead of horizontally, or it it went across the sock, it would look better. Right now it doesn't fit the scheme, it seems forced rather than a natural placement.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Do Sydney FC accept submissions for uniform design?

I don't know... we'll find out. I just sent it to them. Honestly, I don't expect to hear back, but in the event I do, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the comments, gents.

That gradient on the dark blue shirt is exactly what I was suggesting, Avenger, and it looks fantastic. Nice job on this package, it's very well done.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived