Silver Falcons Pants and Randy Moss wearing 88

bigcoyotes

Hey I was looking through my card collection and I found a Alge Crumpler in the new Falcons uniforms and he is wearing silver pants. When did the Falcons wear these. Plus can anyone find a picture of Randy Moss wearing number 88?mosscards.jpg

raiders-2.png

Wuz up with that man. Can't you help a brother out!

My guess is that they took the shot of Randy right after he got drafted and he didn't know what number he would wear. The card companies (obviously) take pics of picks right after the draft with their new unis on. #88 is what Moss wore in college (I'm pretty sure).

The Crumpler card I dunno, unless it was a digital remake. I can't really see the details of the card...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

The Moss in the #88 is just an "Airbrushed" card from his rookie season.I have the same card and a couple others that show him in #88 and all they did was recolor his Marshall U uniform.As for the Crumpler,I have not seen that card BUT if it is an '03 card I would guess that they same thing applies,where the card company put him in the new uniform and assumed there may be silver pants worn with it.Another theory is a lot of card companies use computer color enhancement to make the colors more vivid than they actually are in the real photo,and perhaps they've just been "drummed-up" to the point where they look silver.I hope this info helps.

98Falcons.png

Saw snippets of Moss' press conference in Oakland yesterday where he was wearing #18. He said he broke into the NFL wearing that number, which is why he went back to it. Anyone know if this is actually the case?

Archived