my first baseball (fantasy) concept

leggman01

TBH, it looks more like a Carolina Panthers baseball crossover done by IronChefShark, the Delacroix of the CCSLB comunity.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

darthman - i'm not familiar with irfanview...does it allow you to reduce an image without losing detail? i'm relatively new to this, and i uses paint shop pro 8, which is probably not an ideal format, but if i go any smaller than this, i lose detail...will irfanview help this? - thanks

any resemblence to previously designed carolina panthers baseball concepts is purely coincidental, i haven't seen any done before, so i thought i'd throw this out there

jldesigns404eo.png

I like it.

How come you're disclaimer mentions MLB, when neither the name or images are taken from MLB, but does not mention the NFL where you did take images?

I really like that full body update of the Panthers logo though.

Very good.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

darthman - i'm not familiar with irfanview...does it allow you to reduce an image without losing detail? i'm relatively new to this, and i uses paint shop pro 8, which is probably not an ideal format, but if i go any smaller than this, i lose detail...will irfanview help this? - thanks

i think so- detail might be slightly lost but it will work nicer (i just have ms paint). or, shrink before you put on concept

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

sterling - i didn't alter the disclaimer from the mlb template...:)

and just so there is no confusion...i have NO talent at drawing my own logo's...that logo is an unused (or seldom used) panthers logo - i did nothing to it other than incorporate it into a fantasy baseball uniform template found on this forum - i only WISH that i could do the things that you and other true designers on this forum can do

jldesigns404eo.png

here is my team, the holly springs yellowjackets

a few notes - the logo is a modified version of the logo of a juco in ca (soryy, can't remember which one) - i incorporated the letters hsp (the town's abbreviation) into the logo - i used pointed as my font for the home and away because the "points" kind of remind me of a stinger - the piping may be difficult to see, but there is yellow on the edges of the home vest, and white on the edges of the alt vest and there is piping on the pants (which is more visible...it's yellow and green on the home, just green on the away and green/yellow/green on the alt)

thanks to darthman for the heads up on irfanview...it's the deal

home

jackets5jd.png

away

jacketsa7pn.png

alt

jacketsalt6ja.png

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

jldesigns404eo.png

third team in the league - no alt jersey - both are vest's - home has black piping, away has orange piping - "wordmark" is a combo of 2 different fonts and the primary logo... VTCBelialsBlade and Pirate Keg (i know, that's a no-no, but i HATE the way the VTCBelialsBlade "O" looks) - i'm not overly happy with the hat, but i felt like the league needs a white one - the primary logo is from the ohio rush of the ovfl (i think)

home

rushhome1ng.png

away

rushaway4wc.png

c&c welcome

jldesigns404eo.png

4th team in the league - this is a bit of a departure from the previous uni's - the home/away are more like tatc concepts, but because i'm using the braves logo, i wanted a departure from the braves look (and this is a FANTASY league :)) - the alt is kind of a throwback - let me know what you think

home

actionhome8nx.png

away

actionaway2ij.png

alt

actionalt9gk.png

as always Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

jldesigns404eo.png

third team in the league - no alt jersey - both are vest's - home has black piping, away has orange piping - "wordmark" is a combo of 2 different fonts and the primary logo... VTCBelialsBlade and Pirate Keg (i know, that's a no-no, but i HATE the way the VTCBelialsBlade "O" looks) - i'm not overly happy with the hat, but i felt like the league needs a white one - the primary logo is from the ohio rush of the ovfl (i think)

home

rushhome1ng.png

away

rushaway4wc.png

c&c welcome

You R for the Rush reminds me too much of the Ruff Ryders logo.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000IFNQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

buffalo_sig.png

home

rushhome1ng.png

away

rushaway4wc.png

c&c welcome

You R for the Rush reminds me too much of the Ruff Ryders logo.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000IFNQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I was thinking the same thing... :blink:

I'll take them one at a time -

Carolina Prowlers - Make all the belts and stirrups navy - it's a stronger color than the electric blue, and the road, which has the least electric blue out of all the jerseys, shouldn't have the lightewr colors with the grey. I'm a big fam of colored sleeves, but I tend to overuse them. Say to yourself - "Ii this something the concept really needs?" In the case of a LA Angels, a red-sleeved alternate made sense because it helped distinguish themselves from all the other white uni/red piping times in the league. Your team's combo of navy, electric blue and white makes it stand out enough, so the sleeves might not be necessary. When it comes to the alt, I think either make the alt electric blue with navy sleeves or completely navy - the light blue sleeves look out of place.

Holly Springs Yellow Jackets - I'd exchange the front of the home and alt. Make the home simply say the slanted "Jackets" in green with a yellow outline with the number to the lower right. Have the alternate have the yellow jacket logo on the right breat and the number on the left, getting rid of the small "Jackets alltogether. For the pants, simply use the alt. pants fro the home and alt. The road pants and uni are both cool as is. The colored sleeves work much better with this concept.

Ohio Rush - Two small things. One, make the cap black instead of white, and Ohio could be bigger on the road uni.

Atlanta Action: Like the home and away unis, and their pants' striping. The alt cap logo needs some contrast. Either make the lowercase "a" blue, or the cap blue. You can even color the cap blue and leave the brim red, but something needs to be blue on the alt. cap.

Just suggestions, great ideas all around.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• 2 weeks later...

next team in our league...i took a bit of a hiatus from this -

i created the logo 'cause i didn't want a beer bottle on a uni - striping/piping is a bit "out there", but i used it for all 3 uni's to provide consistency - used a blue/grey away and a khaki/cream alt

home

lisbon9xr.png

away

lisbonaway1ox.png

alt

lisbonalt7bl.png

as always - c&c welcome

jldesigns404eo.png

• 2 weeks later...

still plugging away at uni's and logo's for our league - here are the jersey bombers - my first pinstriped uni - it's hard to tell, but the pinstripes are the dark green color - no alts. for the bombers, just home whites and away pinstripes/vest

home

bombershome6yx.png

away

bombersaway2jm.png

as always c&c welcomed

jldesigns404eo.png

maybe this one will get some replies - i'm not a big fan of the team name (i like more traditional names), but the logo/color scheme is fitting - i did a google image search to find the '64 impala, and used dark crystal for the font - the pants on the homes are a little "out there" and the lighter shade of purple for the pants/jersey on the away set isn't exactly traditional, so here goes

home

lowridershome3ax.png

away

lowridersaway4kk.png

c&c not only welcomed, but appreciated!

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived