Don't know if this has been posted, but...

JamesCraven

Here's the first in-action picture of the adidas version of CD Chivas USA kits.

ChivasUSAKits.jpg

C&C if you please.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Now for the sake of comparison, here's the Reebok version of Chivas Guadalajara.

ChivasReebokKits.jpg

Again, the adidas version of same.

ChivasUSAKits.jpg

Any differences other than the numbers and faded striping?

"You mean its soccer season again?  What do ya know?"

"Not much. You?"

(Anyone who lives in Wisconsin or listens to public radio should get that. Love that backdoor quoting.)

"You mean its soccer season again?  What do ya know?"

"Not much. You?"

(Anyone in Wisconsin or listens to public radio should get that. Love that backdoor quoting.)

James you ignore me, but quote everything I say. Thats kinda weird.

It's pretty much what I thought they'd go with. I like that it doesn't have the city name on the front, just the crest and number. I don't believe they will have a sponsor on the back of the jersey either. I prefer the Reebok design, but if it dropped the two outside stripes on the front it would look even better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm actually surprised Reebok let them wear the MLS kits, since the are adidas unis, but I think Nike let Club America sue that for a throwback game, if I recall correctly.

Chivas USA will wear Adidas as part of the 10 year agreement to outfit all MLS teams by next year.

However, most, if not all MLS teams are not wearing their regular kits during the preseason. For instance, the Revolution are wearing a navy w/ white version of the Adidas 'cosmos' design, but the ones they are wearing are not the final design for this season.

In addition, MLS revamped their online store in the last couple of days. At some point yesterday their was a photo of the new Chivas kit. It did not look like the one in the picture below. The stripe were more in line with their Mexican Reebok counterparts.

Sadly, it looks like someone activated the link a bit prematurely and the link is no longer available.

The new FC Dallas and Real Salt lake kits were posted as well, but those links are down now.

patriotssignature.png

Archived