Brewers owner Speaks about Potential Logo Change

NickSixers

Actually, does anyone know how to get ahold of a team owner? How do you get their e-mail address?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't object if they used a modernization as a 'Sunday' uniform, since that seems to be a  trend  that's picking up steam this season.

Agreed, CFBM.

I keep the current look. (I only wish they would use "Milwaukee" on the road unis.. they did put a patch on the sleeve a season or two ago with "Milwaukee" written in script.)

that logo's been there since they changed to the current unis, to clarify.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I hate when people say oh your logo doesn't look like the team name. It's an M and a B for Milwaukee Brewers in the shape of a glove. After that they had a diamond with two bats and an M and a B and that didn't look anymore like something Brewer-ish. The Texas Rangers have a T...doesn't look like a Ranger to me. The Oakland A's have an elephant, one of the least athletic animals around. The San Diego Padres use a baseball home plate with waves. What does that have to do with Padres? The Giants use a baseball with the word Giants...and the letters aren't even that big!

I think you get my point now. There are lots of teams with "generic" looking logos. Don't bash on the Brewers ball and glove logo which is a heck of a lot more createive than writing GIANTS in block letters or a T for Texas.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

actually the rangers logo isnt just a "T" thats just the cap logo. the logo is the "T" on a baseball. i know tha' not much better, but the logo they before that was pretty good. here it is:

TEX_1369.gif

as u can see it is a pretty decent logo for a team named the "rangers"

as for the other teams like the A's and the giants, they can fall back on tradition. the brewers arnt traditional, so they cant fall back on that.

I hate when people say oh your logo doesn't look like the team name. It's an M and a B for Milwaukee Brewers in the shape of a glove. After that they had a diamond with two bats and an M and a B and that didn't look anymore like something Brewer-ish. The Texas Rangers have a T...doesn't look like a Ranger to me. The Oakland A's have an elephant, one of the least athletic animals around. The San Diego Padres use a baseball home plate with waves. What does that have to do with Padres? The Giants use a baseball with the word Giants...and the letters aren't even that big!

I think you get my point now. There are lots of teams with "generic" looking logos. Don't bash on the Brewers ball and glove logo which is a heck of a lot more createive than writing GIANTS in block letters or a T for Texas.

When it comes to the Athletics and Giants there only so much you can do. There is a history to the A's elephant, you may or may not know about it. The Rangers and Padres have made an attempt to have elements of their location into their identity. The Rangers have the Texas flag and the waves in the Padres logo indicates San Diego's costal location.

The Brewers currently have something that clearly resembles the name and have a logo that indicates they are a team from Wisconsin, which is something they had from their previous identity. The ball in glove logo says absolutely nothing about their name and location. On the surface it just looked generic. In fact for years I wasn't aware of the 'M' and 'B' in the logo. I just wondered why a team's logo would be just a ball in a glove.

I saw, I came, I left.

Nice job bgmack,

They really have a pretty good look as it is. All they have needed is just a few "tweaks" here and there to have a great look.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Archived