Brewers owner Speaks about Potential Logo Change

NickSixers

What changes will you make?

Attanasio: We?re looking at everything. We are meeting with [Major League Baseball] now on possibly changing the uniforms. There is a limit on how many times you can change them. Whether we get that figured out for 2006 or 2007, we?ll have to see. We want to tap into a lot of interest in the tradition and the old logo. That doesn?t mean you should just go back to the old logo. Maybe we consider playing Sunday games with the old uniforms and logo.

From an interview with Brewers' new owner Mark Attanasio in this week's Sports Business Journal. He talks about the changes that he hopes to impliment and this is one of them. Sorry that I couldn't find the old posts to add this onto.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More changes? Why? :therock:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What the Brewers SHOULD really do is ask commissioner Selig to have the team return to the American League Central by the 2007 season. This way, 15 teams in the AL, 15 teams in the NL. It's as simple as that!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

What the Brewers SHOULD really do is ask commissioner Selig to have the team return to the American League Central by the 2007 season. This way, 15 teams in the AL, 15 teams in the NL. It's as simple as that!!!

So you want an interleague series throughout the entire season?

I saw, I came, I left.

I'd move the Brewers back to the AL (Milwaukee's ties to the NL should've stayed dead from when the Braves moved), and move the Houston Astros from the NL Central to the AL West.

And no, I have no problems with an interleague series throughout the year. Interleague play isn't a novelty anymore.

nav-logo.png

that's something I never reallly thought of. This identity does tie the name in more than the ball and glove. To me, Ball in Glove fits nothing but its cute or something. Second Identity (german style) fits the city and location really well, but leaves the name out. Third identity focus' on the nickname in a Politically Correct manner with no ties to the city other than the name itself.

15 teams in the AL, 15 teams in the NL. It's as simple as that!!!

Um, if you had any idea what the hell you were talking about, you'd know it's not as simple as that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

why do bpeople hate their logo so much its nice it looks like a beer company logo.

Do you think that maybe it looks a little too much like a beer company logo? Maybe a little advertising without really advertising? I happen to like their look a lot, and hope they don't change it, but I do think that there is a little of the "Miller" influence happening there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i don't think they should go back to the ball and glove full time...

the owner brought up an interesting suggestion... wearing the normal uniforms 6 days of the week, but on one specific day (he said sunday), wearing the ball and glove. that sounds like a decent idea to me.

if they updated the ball and glove, instead of just wore straight-out-of-the-past throwbacks, i think a ball and glove alternate would be potentially outstanding. in the same way that the toronto maple leafs alternate sweater is outstanding.

i agree with what many hardcore anti-retro people think about some certain things... you shouldn't replace a perfectly good modern uniform or logo with a retro logo. if it's not broken, don't reach into the past to try and fix it. but introducing a nostalgic-but-updated uniform set as an alternate can be wonderful, if done correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
if it's not broken, don't reach into the past to try and fix it.

BYU shoulda heeded that. nothin wrong with last year's unis, but they decide to go back to the McMahon-Young-Detmer unis, only in navy. Eh well, guess it's easier to change unis than it is to dump underachievers and hacks. :rolleyes:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If it were up to me (and the interleague thing didn't apply), I would move Colorado to the AL West (they play AL ball anyway), and then move the Astros to the NL West.

Besides, the Brewers don't belong in the West anyway.

Colorado to AL West? That'd be sending their chances of... third place even further down the toilet. The DH rule and more accomplished hitters per team would be a nightmare in Coors Field(I'm convinced the team won't ever win there).

If you're going to re-align the divisions, it's not hard. Move Bank One Ballpark(a pitcher's park) and the Diamondbacks to the AL West, and move the Astros to the NL West. Then, the interleague series would go like this:

East:

Yankees - Mets

Devil Rays - Marlins

Orioles - Nationals

Blue Jays - Phillies

Red Sox - Braves

OR

Blue Jays - Braves

Red Sox - Phillies

Toronto met both Atlanta and Philadelphia in its World Series wins, so you could set up either series. Part of me would rather see Toronto-Atlanta and Boston-Philadelphia.

Central:

Indians - Reds

Tigers - Pirates

White Sox - Cubs

Royals - Cardinals

Twins - Brewers

West:

Angels - Dodgers

A's - Giants

Mariners - Padres

Diamondbacks - Rockies

Rangers - Astros

There IS a way to have 15/15 and still have Interleague play just in June, but it's definitely complicated. Essentially, you need one different team from each league to be off every day(and have one team be off the first three days of the season). I'll post a mock schedule down the road of what I mean - it's definitely hard.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

If it were up to me (and the interleague thing didn't apply), I would move Colorado to the AL West (they play AL ball anyway), and then move the Astros to the NL West.

Besides, the Brewers don't belong in the West anyway.

Colorado to AL West? That'd be sending their chances of... third place even further down the toilet. The DH rule and more accomplished hitters per team would be a nightmare in Coors Field(I'm convinced the team won't ever win there).

If you're going to re-align the divisions, it's not hard. Move Bank One Ballpark(a pitcher's park) and the Diamondbacks to the AL West, and move the Astros to the NL West. Then, the interleague series would go like this:

East:

Yankees - Mets

Devil Rays - Marlins

Orioles - Nationals

Blue Jays - Phillies

Red Sox - Braves

OR

Blue Jays - Braves

Red Sox - Phillies

Toronto met both Atlanta and Philadelphia in its World Series wins, so you could set up either series. Part of me would rather see Toronto-Atlanta and Boston-Philadelphia.

Central:

Indians - Reds

Tigers - Pirates

White Sox - Cubs

Royals - Cardinals

Twins - Brewers

West:

Angels - Dodgers

A's - Giants

Mariners - Padres

Diamondbacks - Rockies

Rangers - Astros

There IS a way to have 15/15 and still have Interleague play just in June, but it's definitely complicated. Essentially, you need one different team from each league to be off every day(and have one team be off the first three days of the season). I'll post a mock schedule down the road of what I mean - it's definitely hard.

you got that right, I like the way you have it set up, only if MLB realized that 16 in one league and 14 in another aren't equal.

You'll never find a schedule that would really work with an odd number of teams in each league and still limit interleague play to only June.

Having a different team off each day would make scheduling games and travel pure chaos. The only possible plan would be to have each team have a "bye" where they would have 4 days off while the other 14 teams played 4 game series, then rotate who was off for each four day period. Personally I think it would suck and fans in each city would hate when they had to wait 4 or 5 days until their team played another game 3 times a year or so.

Just leave the Number of teams in each league alone until you decide to add 2 or fold 2.

You'll never find a schedule that would really work with an odd number of teams in each league and still limit interleague play to only June.

Having a different team off each day would make scheduling games and travel pure chaos. The only possible plan would be to have each team have a "bye" where they would have 4 days off while the other 14 teams played 4 game series, then rotate who was off for each four day period. Personally I think it would suck and fans in each city would hate when they had to wait 4 or 5 days until their team played another game 3 times a year or so.

Just leave the Number of teams in each league alone until you decide to add 2 or fold 2.

Yeah, why can't people figure that out? <_<

I saw, I came, I left.

The day would change, it wouldn't neccessarily be random. It's impossible to visualize unless I write it out. Travel wouldn't be the problem. Teams getting enough days off would be. Essentially, you would have to heave league-wide days off where the entire schedule was suspended by a day every now and then - and THAT would be disastrous.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived