Brewers owner Speaks about Potential Logo Change

NickSixers

There's an easy way to do this, and keep interleague.

Realign, I don't care how to 15 and 15. (Right now, Arizona to AL West and Houston to NL West makes most sense to me.)

You play the division 18 times, the other two divisions in league 6 times each, and the division directly opposite from you 3 times each (home field reverses each year).

The other 15 games come from one of the three divisions interleague. One year it will be East versus West, the next East versus Central, the next West versus Central. The unincluded division would play home and home with the opposing division twice. If the schedule is done properly, each team would face their regional rivals in the other league for four series every three years, and would be in every ballpark over the course of any six year cycle.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this 15-15 plan would work except that it would always force at least one interleague series, as mentioned. It's too soon for more expansion-hell, the talent pool's still trying to recover from 98, so the way it is now is how it's gotta be for the time being.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What changes will you make?

Attanasio: We?re looking at everything. We are meeting with [Major League Baseball] now on possibly changing the uniforms. There is a limit on how many times you can change them. Whether we get that figured out for 2006 or 2007, we?ll have to see. We want to tap into a lot of interest in the tradition and the old logo. That doesn?t mean you should just go back to the old logo. Maybe we consider playing Sunday games with the old uniforms and logo.

From an interview with Brewers' new owner Mark Attanasio in this week's Sports Business Journal. He talks about the changes that he hopes to impliment and this is one of them. Sorry that I couldn't find the old posts to add this onto.

no, no, no. the brewers have FINALLY found a logo set that works with the name. take the current unis and logos in the old colours, sure. no problem. bring back the old unis and logos? bad idea.

Forget the 15-15 thing please. Also, I don't see MLB wanting to break up the Cubs-Cardinals-Astros three-way rivalry by sticking Houston in another division. Remember, trying to tinker with alignment cost Fay Vincent his job.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

MLB will bide its time until they can add two more teams via expansion (prolly a decade away). Once they go to 32 teams, they'll organize the leagues with eight divisions of four teams each.

It'll lead to some teeth gnashing and head-butting, but that realignment would work.

Personally, I'd then reduce the number of season games to 156 (12 games against division foes, 6 games against league foes, 6 games against teams from same region in the other league, and 6 games against rotating other divisions from the other league) and increase the number of games in the divisional CS to seven. But that wouldn't fly, I'd bet.

I like that idea. Works for the NFL.

NL North: Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers, Reds

NL South: Marlins, Braves, Astros, Diamondbacks?

NL East: Mets, Nationals, Phillies, Pirates

NL West: Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Rockies

AL North: White Sox, Tigers, Indians, Twins

AL South: New Orleans/Carolina expansion, Royals, Devil Rays, Rangers

AL East: Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays

AL West: Angels, A's, Mariners, Las Vegas/Portland Expansion

I don't like four divisions. The divisions are too small. They should be both 5-6-5 like the National League so you can maintain the Wild Card race that has, you know, contributed to the baseball renaissance and all. And again, you're messing up rivalries. Why would the Royals be with the Rangers, Devil Rays, and Team To Be Named Later? That'll hurt the team even more. Why aren't the Astros with the Cardinals and Cubs? That's the most interesting rivalry in the NL. And taking the Braves out of the division with the Phillies and Mets to be with their heated rivals, the D-Backs?

Realignments are like putting various food items in a deep fryer. Just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should. If we have to expand baseball to 32, just put one in the AL West, one in the AL East, and move the Blue Jays to the AL Central with sorta-like-Canada cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Minneapolis, and to save them from the Yanks-Sawx. There. Minimally invasive realignment.

EDIT: Oh man how did I miss the 156-game season: WHEN A SPORT'S POPULARITY IS GROWING EXPONENTIALLY, YOU DO NOT MAKE FEWER TICKETS AVAILABLE

The Devil Rays are the new Expos. I would get them the hell outta there to a place that can at least put out 10,000 fans a game.

I would give the expansion to New Orleans while moving the Devil Rays over to Charlotte.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Only problem is the D-Rays lease. Otherwise, they'd likely have been Candidate #1 for contraction after the Expos a few years ago (instead of the Twins). And for what it might be worth...

AL:

North: CHI White Sox, MIN Twins, DET Tigers, TOR Blue Jays

South: TMP Devil Rays, TEX Rangers, BAL Orioles, KC Royals

East: NY Yankees, BOS Red Sox, CLE Indians, MIL Brewers

West: ANA Angels, OAK A's, SEA Mariners, Las Vegas/Portland expansion team

NL:

North: CHI Cubs, CIN Reds, NY Mets, PHI Phillies

South: FL Marlins, ATL Braves, HOU Astros, AZ Diamondbacks

East: PGH Pirates, WSH Nationals, Carolinas expansion team, STL Cardinals

West: LA Dodgers, SF Giants, SD Padres, COL Rockies

SCHEDULE:

Each team plays the others in its division 22 times, for 66 games.

Each team plays the teams from the league's other divisions 6 times each (3 game series at home, 3 game series on the road), for 72 games.

Each team plays the four teams from a division of the other league (on a rotating basis) 6 times each (3 game series at home, 3 game series on the road), for 24 games.

nav-logo.png

Why is everybody so hellbent on moving the Brewers back to the American League? This has historically been more of a National League town, even before the Braves came in (when pretty much the whole state was Chicago Cubs territory). Can't we just go back to commenting on the original topic of the post and leave this debate for another time?

Anyways, I'm sure you all know how I feel about bringing back the ball-in-glove logo. Our new owner was off to such a great start, then he had to bring this up. I hope they stick with what they have instead of regressing back to what worked in the past...

QPR%20Sig.png

I agree that the Brewers should be in the NL. Having the Cubs come to town is great business for the Brewers. I echo the sentiment that because of the old Milwaukee Braves, that the city is an NL town, and Selig was righting a wrong by bringing the National League back to Milwaukee. (And there's still a good contingent of Cubs fans in southern Wisconsin. Yeah Cubbies)

Okay here's my realignment, since we're all chipping in:

AL West

Los Angeles Angels, Oakland Athletics, Texas Rangers, Seattle Mariners, Las Vegas 51s

AL Central

Minnesota Twins, Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Toronto Blue Jays

AL East

New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Who Cares Where This Expansion Team Is Because They'll Get Their Asses Kicked And Nobody Will Attend Games Because There Are Already Too Many Teams

NL

Don't change a thing

Oh I agree but some people think we gotta add more teams, or put the Astros in the West, and so on, so I'm trying to offer the least radical proposal.

Four divisions to a league is horrible. Just saying.

I wouldn't object if they used a modernization as a 'Sunday' uniform, since that seems to be a trend that's picking up steam this season.

Agreed, CFBM.

I keep the current look. (I only wish they would use "Milwaukee" on the road unis.. they did put a patch on the sleeve a season or two ago with "Milwaukee" written in script.)

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

why do bpeople hate their logo so much its nice it looks like a beer company logo.

It is a beer company logo. It's almost the exact same M used in Miller Brewing Co. who owns the naming rights to their stadium. No obviously that is not a coincidence.

I'm shocked I didn't catcht his before some of you guys since I follow the Brew Crew. This is pretty cool news though. Maybe I should send the new owner my idea that I showed you guys a few months back. I dunno how I'd pull that off though

Brewers Idea Here's the idea I ahd come up with.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They're similar. Why shouldn't they be? Miller is Milwaukee, the Brewers are Milwaukee. It's hardly an EVIL CORPORATE TIE-IN. It looks good.

I think it looks good too. That's why I kept it in my concept idea.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I completely agree with your concept, bgmack, on how the logo should be used.

Milwaukee script on the roads, yes... the pinstripes? I like it with and without them... so I don't care.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived