Yes!

Mac the Knife

There's many things that I don't see coming in life. This is one of them. And if you think about it, it makes sense because the Stanley Cup really wasn't made for the NHL, but for hockey overall. Or so I think...

I thought the Cup (shame one you Chris for not capitalizing it) was controlled by trustees and used by the NHL under an agreement with said trustees.

you would be right WIB, the NHL only uses it from a signed agreement they have with the trustees who own the Stanley Cup

If this were 1905, I'd say, yeah, let the Ottawa Silver Seven play the Dawson team for the Cup. After that, they can play whoever the hell they want. Take on all challengers!!! After all, it is called the "Challenge Cup"....

But, no. Forget about giving the Cup to amateurs. I love the idea of locking it up this spring and making sure no one forgets what happened this year by leaving a blank spot on the Cup.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived