Padres Military Uniforms

slapshot

You now what they didnt look half bad with the green hats, and green and brown is a better combo then blue and brown so they actually looked ok.

I agree.

The one thing I'd try to improve upon is the legibility of the script and numbers. For some reason, they are a little hard to read on screen, maybe if the numbers had a dark outline around them (black would be acceptable since it's used on military uniforms).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What's with the New Era logo on the side of the caps? Did they wear adjustable hats during this game?

Look at the back of Ojeda's head... it doesn't look adjustable to me, although I could be missing something...

No, you're right. I missed that. Still, I wonder why they would allow a manufacturer logo on the side of a game-use hat.

Slippery slope. Allow it for the Japan series, for this one-off cap, etc. so that when they institute in-game cap ads in the future people can't be as outraged.

Wrong-o. Rule 1.11 (h) prohibits it. So you won't see ads on uniforms anytime soon, unless they change the rule.

So the New Era ad on the side of the Padres cap on Wednesday must've broke the rules then, right?

Not at all. The text of the rule is:

(h) No part of the uniform shall include patches or designs relating to commercial advertisements.

Manufacturer's logos, as we surely know by now, don't count.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I thought the military introduced new 'digitized' camo this year that looks nothing like old-school camo. Any bets on when and if the Padres will 'redesign' their camo?

ACU2004-06-14.jpg

gawd, you guys so hard core, you guys even look at the unis of our military, I am impress

One thing I think they did to improve the look is using the green helmets as well. In the past they just kept their navy blue helmets. I wish for retro days other teams would do this...use their old helmets instead of the current helmet with the old look (a la the recent LA Helmets on the Brooklyn uniforms)

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

One thing I think they did to improve the look is using the green helmets as well. In the past they just kept their navy blue helmets. I wish for retro days other teams would do this...use their old helmets instead of the current helmet with the old look (a la the recent LA Helmets on the Brooklyn uniforms)

or last year when the reds and pirates played an entire series in throwbacks the reds wore their black road helmets with their old gray pullovers, it looked terrible.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived