Bc lions throwbacks

Phil

I'm all for authenticity, but those helmets they're wearing are just too darn ugly. Maybe they could go with a modified throwback, wearing the orange as a tribute to the past (like the Broncos), but maintaining the general feel of the current look.

That said, I think I heard Mookie Mitchell's off the turf, so it's back to the game...

Oh, and if anyone has any pics, it'd help those south of the border without TSN.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

This is probably way OT...but I've been wondering this for a while and this post for some reason reminded me of it.

For everyone north of the border..when you guys play backyard football, is it 4-downs like the NFL or 3-down CFL-style? Just wondering for some reason... :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Maybe it depends on where you live! I'll bet most people in Toronto play it 4 downs like the NFL. But, I haven'y played backyard football for years, so considering inflation, maybe it's five downs now!  :laugh:

I saw, I came, I left.

It really depends. When we played at school we usually played either 3 downs, or depending on the size of the field, X number of downs for the field. That said, it wasn't unusual to play 4 downs either, but it usually ended up being one of the first two.

Of course, that's us prairie boys. Maybe the southern Ontario folk think they're "too good" for good ol' Canadian style. :;): It's a joke of course, but if you ask some of the hardcore football old timers here across Manitoba through Alberta, a lot of them have a pretty dim view of the people who want NFL football in Toronto.

Sorry, I got pretty far off track there.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Out here in Saskatchewan, we always played 3 downs.  Elementary, High School, University.

I don't think I've ever been a part of a four down game.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived