Houston Rockets Warm Ups With All Star Logo

johnwfb

Did anyone notice last night during the Houston-Dallas playoff game last night that the Rockets warm ups had a patch for the 2006 All-Star game?

Has this been there all season? Has anyone ever worn a patch with a logo from an all-star game that is a season away?

Only started in the playoffs. Since the "regular" season is over, Houston is allowed to sport the next season's logo on anything (although it was on their court for the better part of the year).

Now what I'm waiting for is the 2007 NBA/Las Vegas ASG logo. I've been working on a few ideas and will share soon.... I encourage anyone else to play along....

Cards.png

After the ASG was in Phila. a couple years ago, the president (Ed Snider) said that they'd never work with the NBA on anything like that again, and that they'd never even attempt to get the game again. I read stories around that same time that several other team owners get the same feeling after hosting the game, so it makes sense that they'd go to LV.

I think the owners don't like how the NBA runs every part of the operation, and the host team has about 0.5% input (if that) on any aspect of the game, from ticket sales, arena set-up, arena staffing, etc. etc. etc.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived