Wichita St. baseball

VitaminD

Watching the Oklahoma/Wichita State U. game on ESPNU. Besides having a ridiculously underrated nickname (SHOCKERS... ^_^ ), and having a turf infield/grass outfield (ungh?!), Wichita State is still wearing hats with the two front panels in a different color than the rest of the hat (in their case, black hats, gold panels). Not counting the green/dark green/black pinwheel catastrophes that Tulane wears, do any other schools wear these? I remember when a sizable number of MLB teams did this (Orioles, Braves, Jays, Brewers, ChiSox, Brewers, and then there were the Expos' pinwheels and the Padres triangle panels).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Apparently BYU has adopted a Bluejays/Expos/Orioles white front panel when they wear their blue jerseys at home. Maybe Coach Vance Law is just trying to recapture his Expos years.

a-taylor_b-20050327.jpga-mcnaughton_s-20050328.jpg

It appears they wear the normal hats with their other uniform combinations:

a-applegate_b.jpg2207747.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Watching the Oklahoma/Wichita State U. game on ESPNU. Besides having a ridiculously underrated nickname (SHOCKERS... ^_^ ), and having a turf infield/grass outfield (ungh?!), Wichita State is still wearing hats with the two front panels in a different color than the rest of the hat (in their case, black hats, gold panels). Not counting the green/dark green/black pinwheel catastrophes that Tulane wears, do any other schools wear these? I remember when a sizable number of MLB teams did this (Orioles, Braves, Jays, Brewers, ChiSox, Brewers, and then there were the Expos' pinwheels and the Padres triangle panels).

Also, their manufacturer is "The Game". I haven't seen a hat made by them since I was a kid and had a couple of 'em...

QPR%20Sig.png

Apparently BYU has adopted a Bluejays/Expos/Orioles white front panel when they wear their blue jerseys at home. Maybe Coach Vance Law is just trying to recapture his Expos years.

That's a sharp blue jersey. The cap looks nice with it too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

and having a turf infield/grass outfield (ungh?!)

That's folk in Wichita for ya. Hell Lawerence-Dumont Stadium where the AA Wranglers play, has the same thing.

SAD :cry:

The first time I saw an artificial infield with natural outfield grass was at Old Comiskey Park. Back in the '70's when the Sox wore red pinstripes, they played on it. Odd, but unique.

I have a turf question...The outfielders were probably in cleats and the infielders were probably in turf shoes. What do the outfielders wear when they bat and run the bases?

This trend of hats in today's college baseball looks more like they wear the fashion/frat boy hats instead of a game hat. I don't like these multi-colored hats. What's next on the diamond? The faded/worn out ripped brim hat?

KISSwall09.jpg

This trend of hats in today's college baseball looks more like they wear the fashion/frat boy hats instead of a game hat. I don't like these multi-colored hats. What's next on the diamond? The faded/worn out ripped brim hat?

I wouldn't rule out golf style visor-only caps. Seriously, I wouldn't.

Apparently BYU has adopted a Bluejays/Expos/Orioles white front panel when they wear their blue jerseys at home.  Maybe Coach Vance Law is just trying to recapture his Expos years.

That's a sharp blue jersey. The cap looks nice with it too.

Looks like the new Padres spring training/bp jersey with the sand piping around the side.

Archived