favorite mlb uniforms...

boardname

Just a few general uniform thoughts:

1. The best complete sets remain what I would call the classic teams: Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals, Tigers, and Dodgers (why does almost everyone leave out the Cardinals?).

I leave out the Cards because their home set is great, but I hate all the dark blue on the road unis.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The font used for the Astros' uniforms would be just fine for a team called, say, the Cowboys or Rustlers or some other western-style name. But not at all for Astros. And the colors don't work, either.

Perhaps the Astros are due for a name change anyway, since they don't play in the Astrodome anymore.

Uh...dude...the Astros aren't named for the Astrodome. They're named b/c there's a huge NASA base in Houston. Same reason the NBA team is the Rockets. Astros as in astronaut or astrology...it's just a name that has to do with outer space.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

(Courtesy of astros.mlb.com.)

Construction of the domed building was finally completed in late 1964. In honor of Houston's significance to the country's space program, it was appropriately named the Astrodome, and to maintain the theme, the Colt .45s were proudly renamed the Astros. Houston baseball abandoned the outdoors and moved across the parking lot on April 9, 1965 to play ball in the climate-controlled structure. With Hofheinz now secured as the sole owner of the team and known as the man who brought the vision of a domed stadium to life, he was coined the "Father of Indoor Baseball."

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Uh...dude...the Astros aren't named for the Astrodome. They're named b/c there's a huge NASA base in Houston. Same reason the NBA team is the Rockets. Astros as in astronaut or astrology...it's just a name that has to do with outer space.

Actually the Rockets moved to Houston from San Diego where they were already named the Rockets. The name just stuck.

metslogo_215.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

(With Hofheinz now secured as the sole owner of the team and known as the man who brought the vision of a domed stadium to life, he was coined the "Father of Indoor Baseball."

Must be one proud dad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

(With Hofheinz now secured as the sole owner of the team and known as the man who brought the vision of a domed stadium to life, he was coined the "Father of Indoor Baseball."

Must be one proud dad.

Imagine how Twins fans feel - now we know the answer to "Who's Your Daddy?" - it's Roy Hofheinz. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

That's your favorite? Looks like piss and crap on cat puke.

Come on, now...

The thread is asking people to share their favorites, that's all.

Hey, I'm just applying descriptive names to the colors. It's no different than the Houston Asstros bedecked in brick, sand, and coal.

That's your favorite? Looks like piss and crap on cat puke.

Come on, now...

The thread is asking people to share their favorites, that's all.

Hey, I'm just applying descriptive names to the colors. It's no different than the Houston Asstros bedecked in brick, sand, and coal.

The double s, I swear, was not intentional, but I shall retain it nonetheless.

Archived