Citadel Uni

scar988

this is the first i've heard of the citadel, i know about the quebec citadels but not The Citadel. and to think its one state north of us.

oh as for the design. it has potential but it seems the logo and the unis have 2 different shades of light blue. the jersey looks light periwinklish and the logo is more a light blue. the bulldog logo would look good on the helmet.

but i do like the logos.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Nice start! Very cool - B) What I like most about the concept is the simplicity of it all. Very clean. I also like the color scheme and the military stripes on the arms. Also, I am partial to white on white away duds!

Like I said, I REALLY like the stripes, but the shoulders feel a little cluttered. Maybe consider removing the stripes from the top of the shoulders. Having both seems a bit crowded and keeping them on the sides of the shoulders mirror's the military's placement on their own uniforms. Also, consider making them just a touch smaller, but not a lot?

In general, the two blues seem a bit too similar to be placed next to one another. Maybe go a little darker on the dark color or a touch lighter on the light one? If you're committed to keeping them, is there a way to put a little white between them?

Finally, you've got a terrific logo with the bulldog in the military dress hat. Why not consider using it on the helmet. Or a simplified version of the secondary logo would even work well.

Nice work on the concept and I look forward to watching it evolve! :D

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Nice start! Very cool - B) What I like most about the concept is the simplicity of it all. Very clean. I also like the color scheme and the military stripes on the arms. Also, I am partial to white on white away duds!

Like I said, I REALLY like the stripes, but the shoulders feel a little cluttered. Maybe consider removing the stripes from the top of the shoulders. Having both seems a bit crowded and keeping them on the sides of the shoulders mirror's the military's placement on their own uniforms. Also, consider making them just a touch smaller, but not a lot?

In general, the two blues seem a bit too similar to be placed next to one another. Maybe go a little darker on the dark color or a touch lighter on the light one? If you're committed to keeping them, is there a way to put a little white between them?

Finally, you've got a terrific logo with the bulldog in the military dress hat. Why not consider using it on the helmet. Or a simplified version of the secondary logo would even work well.

Nice work on the concept and I look forward to watching it evolve! :D

Tanks for the criticisms. this is just my 3rd or 4th concept that I ahve done. I like the big Sarge stripes and I may take the ones off the sleeves. It is also my first time with this template so I just made some away Uni's to start off. I will make some changes and update it real soon.

I like the general idea and colors

Stripes: Shoulder rank things make the uni seem cluttered.... maybe use them on just the sleeves OR just the shoulderpads, but not both

Colors: Awesome

Logos: The dog is cool, but I still think it looks like a marching band logo

The wordmark and secondary logo, although they may be excellent trademarks of the college, do not really make a smooth transition to athletic uniforms (this goes for the majority of schools) Usually a school has a totally different wordmark for athletic purposes that looks like it belongs on a uniform.....

just my $0.02 worth

Otherwise, I really dig the concept.....I look forward to some more concepts from you

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I like the general idea and colors

Stripes: Shoulder rank things make the uni seem cluttered.... maybe use them on just the sleeves OR just the shoulderpads, but not both

Colors: Awesome

Logos: The dog is cool, but I still think it looks like a marching band logo

The wordmark and secondary logo, although they may be excellent trademarks of the college, do not really make a smooth transition to athletic uniforms (this goes for the majority of schools) Usually a school has a totally different wordmark for athletic purposes that looks like it belongs on a uniform.....

just my $0.02 worth

Otherwise, I really dig the concept.....I look forward to some more concepts from you

they have actually used the wordmark on helmets before. the secondary logo is just there as a logo for the field maybe but not the actual unis as it is never there. and the spike logo (the bulldog) is the official logo. I haven't made a logo yet because I'm trying to get Uni's down first.

this is the first i've heard of the citadel, i know about the quebec citadels but not The Citadel. and to think its one state north of us.

oh as for the design. it has potential but it seems the logo and the unis have 2 different shades of light blue. the jersey looks light periwinklish and the logo is more a light blue. the bulldog logo would look good on the helmet.

but i do like the logos.

the Citadel is the Military College of South Carolina. it is known quite well around the south as the military school to go to if you don't get accepted to an academy.

Archived