The AHL

Dilbert

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just out of curiousity appleclock, but is there a link to saying the Coyotes have taken on the Rampage?

Our Sports Central

Take it with a grain of salt. This isn't official, obviously. There's nothing mentioned on the Rampage website, the Coyotes website, or the AHL website.

thank you for the information

I don't know if many of you guys out there are aware of the geography of New York State and the Lake Ontario region, but it seems ludicrous to me to not have the following teams in the same division. Using Rochester as a centerpoint you have: Hamilton- 2 hours by bus. Toronto-3 1/2 hours. Syracuse- 90 minutes. Binghamton- 3 hours. Albany- 4 hours. You can add in Hershey, Philly and WB-S, all a short ride from Bingo. Teams like Rochester and Syracuse, etc. play only a couple times a year. Instead they've got to send the Amerks out to Michigan and Illinois.

The AHL brought the IHL teams in to help them survive.

Take all of the Western Conference teams that are truly "western" and have them play amongst themselves. Let the New England, New York, Pennsylvania and Ontario teams play amongst themselves.

A small bit of inter-conference play would include one marathon trip playing say, four games against the other conference. Then you wouldn't see them until the Calder Cup Finals.

Keep those old AHL rivalries alive. After all, it's OUR league the westerners chose to play in. The old-line franchises like Rochester (50 years) and Hershey (67 years) ought to be able to play more than twice a season.

:hockeysmiley::blink::hockeysmiley:

I don't know if many of you guys out there are aware of the geography of New York State and the Lake Ontario region, but it seems ludicrous to me to not have the following teams in the same division. Using Rochester as a centerpoint you have: Hamilton- 2 hours by bus. Toronto-3 1/2 hours. Syracuse- 90 minutes. Binghamton- 3 hours. Albany- 4 hours. You can add in Hershey, Philly and WB-S, all a short ride from Bingo. Teams like Rochester and Syracuse, etc. play only a couple times a year. Instead they've got to send the Amerks out to Michigan and Illinois.

The AHL brought the IHL teams in to help them survive.

Take all of the Western Conference teams that are truly "western" and have them play amongst themselves. Let the New England, New York, Pennsylvania and Ontario teams play amongst themselves.

A small bit of inter-conference play would include one marathon trip playing say, four games against the other conference. Then you wouldn't see them until the Calder Cup Finals.

Keep those old AHL rivalries alive. After all, it's OUR league the westerners chose to play in. The old-line franchises like Rochester (50 years) and Hershey (67 years) ought to be able to play more than twice a season.

:hockeysmiley::blink::hockeysmiley:

I agree with you however Im sure gonna miss those Ducks-Amerks games.

Signature intentionally left blank

After I ranted on the AHL earlier this morning (Wed.) I read in the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle that the league will go with 27 teams in '05-'06. In a rough draft of the schedule it was announced that the Amerks will play nearby rivals like Syracuse, Hamilton and Toronto 12 games each. They will only play Grand Rapids six times total.

Also there are 10 "western" teams that the Amerks will not play.

Suffice it to say, the AHL is finally showing some sense in making out the schedule for as vast a league as it has become. That having been said, I still like my proposal of independent conferences with very limited interaction. :rolleyes:

Archived